News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Baines

Started by Dopey, May 08, 2024, 03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dopey

Do Baines do anything for the seals for the roof at all?

diffwhine

They a huge range of rubber extrusions, but as far as I am aware, not vehicle specific. Which seals are you after?
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Dopey

Quote from: diffwhine on May 08, 2024, 04:52 PMThey a huge range of rubber extrusions, but as far as I am aware, not vehicle specific. Which seals are you after?

Above the door for a 2 door 88in, the bit that attaches to the roof, and the back of the roof the where the arch is for the rubber seals (I think I will post pics instead of explaining..... I can't lol) the rubbers around the door (I have a cat flap)

diffwhine

Baines do that seal sold by the metre.
Have a look at Craggle's article in B2L from last year. It was either in the Summer or Autumn edition.

Dopey

Thanks..... anyone know what date that is, so I can look it up? thanks  ???

diffwhine

How time flies...
It was on page 44 of the Summer 2022 edition. I'd swear it was done only last year. :thud

Dopey

Thank you sir, you're a gent

Craig T

The rear door is one place where I still have the new, old stock original seals. The side doors never seemed to close with those seals hence using the softer Baines seals but the rear door always worked well.

I have a side opening door with a 750 x 16 tyre mounted on it so maybe that helps to give the weight to squash the seals.

Baines sell straight lengths of course, not sure how well it would go around the corners at the top of the door. If you can't get the seal to curve nicely, you could try a reproduction top door seal and use the Baines stuff for the rest?
https://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/396113-rubber-seal-for-rear-door-top.html

Craig.