It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Rare and Unusual Land Rover Auction

Started by Alchad, Oct 18, 2023, 09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alchad

Larry S

'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

AlexB

Quote from: Larry S on Oct 19, 2023, 02:13 AMWhat are 'Mk Safari specs'?

I didn't see that anywhere. but, quite possibly the auction house showing their lack of knowledge, should they actually mean Station Wagon (potentially with a tropical roof).

nathanglasgow

It's in the description. I agree they are trying to say it's a station wagon with tropical roof.

diffwhine

Surprising really given how long Brightwells have need auctioning Land Rovers of all shapes and sizes.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Craig T

If it is lot 305 then I think they are claiming it's a Searle Safari. A camper conversion made by the Searle company on an 88" chassis, they called it the safari.

No idea what MK means..

There are some interesting vehicles in that auction. Lot 300 onwards, Page 5 of the listings. I like the police Range Rovers as well. Actually the V8 90 takes my fancy.

Craig.

Old Hywel

I must admit I quite like the Austin 1800 Ute. Never seen one in the flesh.

Larry S

Quote from: Craig T on Oct 19, 2023, 02:49 PMIf it is lot 305 then I think they are claiming it's a Searle Safari. A camper conversion made by the Searle company on an 88" chassis, they called it the safari.

No idea what MK means..

There are some interesting vehicles in that auction. Lot 300 onwards, Page 5 of the listings. I like the police Range Rovers as well. Actually the V8 90 takes my fancy.

Craig.

That would make sense considering the badge.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

diffwhine

Quote from: Craig T on Oct 19, 2023, 02:49 PMThere are some interesting vehicles in that auction. Lot 300 onwards, Page 5 of the listings. I like the police Range Rovers as well. Actually the V8 90 takes my fancy.

Craig.

You do not want those Police Range Rovers... They were terrible vehicles. I had one in Bosnia and a rebuilt one for the Home Office some years ago. They were designed to have a working lifespan of 7 years or 50,000km. The biggest problem will be glass delamination. The last windscreen I replaced was in 2012 and it cost £18,000...
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon