News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Facebook link

Started by Beamont58, Oct 19, 2023, 11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beamont58

Is the club Facebook page now private?

I am unable to get onto it when I click the link at the top of the page.

Help! It's beyond me..

Ro

Richard

Apparently. When I visit FB via the button on top Facebook asks me to log in, when I do, I enter the group's FB page, when I don't, I only get the general info About this group, Activity and Rules, but no posts.
Richard
'64 S2a

diffwhine

It shouldn't be (private). I see a note saying that the administrators are dealing with a bot membership attack. I wonder if that has something to so with it? I'm not a regular FB user and seem to be able to access the page. Is anybody else having trouble?
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Wittsend

I'm a real Facebook numpty, can't fathom out how it works  :confused

BUT

When I click the hotlink button at the top of this screen it takes me there  :coffee

Old Hywel

Quote from: Beamont58 on Oct 19, 2023, 11:53 PMIs the club Facebook page now private?

Help! It's beyond me..

Ro

Same here.

Richard

As Alex B explains: "Please bear with us for admin queries and getting auto deleted (all "shared" posts) re-instated. We are under attack from auto bot membership applications, which all take time to process (ban/block) and we aren't on here 24/7." As I understand it, the FB group is flooded with fake sign-ups from bots.
Richard
'64 S2a

RobS

Quote from: Beamont58 on Oct 19, 2023, 11:53 PMIs the club Facebook page now private?

Help! It's beyond me..

Ro
Yes it is private (it's always been that way), you need to apply if you have not before - otherwise any Tom, Dick or Harry can put any old rubbish on there.

Bloke

To confirm, the S2C Facebook group is a private group, and always has been.

To access it, you'll need to be logged into your Facebook account, and select the 'Join Group' button.

The moderators will then see your request and approve. Please be patient though, as the moderators have to deal with a large amount of spam on Facebook, and it takes some time to work through the requests.

Thanks.

Tom
1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (My Dad's)