News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

What's your Landys Name ?

Started by Ben2a, Oct 24, 2023, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diffwhine

You are more or less on the right track, but the Ford Bronco was very much up there as well with its suspension set up.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

WoodenMan

Well mine is called Elsie, the plate starts with LC which i actually called it, my eldest misheard me and wrote Elsie in chalk on the back and the name has stuck unlike the chalk :)
Collector of metal fragments
1967 2a Ragtop (well most of it might be )

Get some of that MOT fail yellow crayon, that stuff lingers.

DW I am correct in thinking that the bronco, was an early adopter of coil front leaf rear set up as favoured by several large Japanese manufacturers.

diffwhine

I can't remember - I'll have to dig the book out and report back...
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Uffddd

The roadworthy one is Oom. Seems the majority of land rovers are getting their names from the number plate and this is no exception.

The one in rebuild will no doubt get a name once it's back together.

Alan Drover

Quote from: Uffddd on Nov 19, 2023, 10:50 AMThe roadworthy one is Oom. Seems the majority of land rovers are getting their names from the number plate and this is no except
Quote from: Uffddd on Nov 19, 2023, 10:50 AMThe roadworthy one is Oom. Seems the majority of land rovers are getting their names from the number plate and this is no exception.
Wonder what WFK could be called if I ever decided to name it which is totally a no no.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

Quote from: Alan Drover on Nov 19, 2023, 11:10 AM
Quote from: Uffddd on Nov 19, 2023, 10:50 AMThe roadworthy one is Oom. Seems the majority of land rovers are getting their names from the number plate and this is no except
Quote from: Uffddd on Nov 19, 2023, 10:50 AMThe roadworthy one is Oom. Seems the majority of land rovers are getting their names from the number plate and this is no exception.
Wonder what WFK could be called if I ever decided to name it which is a definite no no!
Something's gone wrong here!
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Spike68

"SPIKE" as named by previous owners 

GHOBHW

I name them for their actions or where they came from or their reg plate.

had a 130 called crab as it looked like a crab as it crawled over rocks (to me anyway)

have a 88" from macclesfield, so its name is macclesfield

have an 88" with the reg JYD so I call it JYD (pronounced JID, like lid) :cheers-man

Herald1360

Quote from: Alan Drover on Nov 19, 2023, 11:10 AM
Wonder what WFK could be called if I ever decided to name it which is totally a no no.

Maybe Bertie (from Bertie Wooster, loosely related to the Worcester registration letters (FK)).  :cool

Old Hywel

It was impressed upon me once when I collected a S2 that it was referred to as Hercules by the family, and should retain the name.

Alan Drover

The registration number was originally on a 1963 Tornado Talisman. It was given to me in 2006. It looks fine on black and silver plates on a Series 3.
FK were the only registration letters issued to the borough of Worcester.
"Ça plane pour moi!"