News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Rear tub replacement bits

Started by RHaughton, May 01, 2024, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHaughton

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can help me - there is some pretty substantial white corrosion on some of the sections of my rear tub that secure it to the body and I'm looking to replace them, however I just cannot find anywhere do buy them from.

Would any members know of a place where they can be sourced? I've attached some images of them.

Many thanks

diffwhine

A lot better than some I've seen! Usually I bond a piece of thick alloy plate behind the corroded bit. With a fresh coat of paint and some rivets as well, it isn't going anywhere.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

simonbav

Oh for a tub like that RH!!! I'm happy for you that yours is as good as it is. I repaired mine with galv sheet thirty-four years ago and have recently added ali repairs where the galv sheet had done it's worse. In addition to a similar grade ali sheet to Birmabright I bought bits from YRM : https://yrmit.co.uk/product-category/series-2-3-swb/rear-tub-series-2-3-swb/
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

diffwhine

These are shots of a 90 TD5 I rebuilt during Lockdown.

It takes a bit of work, but as long as you have something there to stat with, they are usually repairable.

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

TimV

The floor in my tub had the usual holes, I replaced it with a new floor from YRM. The old floor was cut up to make sections to repair holes in the seatboxes.

RHaughton

Thanks for that - I'll have another look on YRM, I must have missed them the first time.

Regards