News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

What's going on here?

Started by Seanlandy, May 10, 2024, 12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanlandy

Hi. I bought some new seat box covers (eBay) for my 2a LW, which came with the clasps I need, but on receipt, I found they are not the same size as the existing ones. They are far too small. I had clearly wrongly assumed they were a similar size. Can anybody advise which, if either are correct, please? I am beginning to thing mine may have been tinkered with quite a bit.

Space-Kook

Looks like you bought civilian seatbox lids, the lightweight ones are larger.
The clasps are the same though so you could swap them over to the lids you already have.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Craig T

The cover with the hasp in the first photo looks like a regular series 2 cover.
On the civilian and presumably all non-lightweight models, there is a filler panel on the outside of the seat box to make up the gap.

You can see the filler panel sitting on top of the seatbox in this photo and the resulting gap when it isn't fitted.

Craig.

Seanlandy

Thanks. So the bigger covers are right for my light weight, so just swapping the clasps should do the job? Pity I wasted the money on the covers, but I suppose someone will buy them.

nathanglasgow

Or buy my panel which I've had up in the For Sale section for a couple of months.
https://series2club.co.uk/2023_new_forum/index.php?topic=2161.0

Seanlandy

Thanks for the offer but if mine are correct, then I will stick with them. Just get the clasps.