News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

The all new Spotted thread.

Started by Kev, Jul 20, 2023, 08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

No photo but spotted today a light weight. A little later than we would perhaps want ( M reg) but all together and seemingly straightforward as a project. For anyone interested in trying to prise it out it's location is approximately 3 miles west of St Ives at Trendrine Farm ( OS ref 476 395) It can be seen by going on to the footpath which runs behind the farm from Zennor towards St Ives and is 20 feet to the left of the path immediately behind the farm buildings. It obviously hasn't moved for some time.

simon1959

Quote from: Kaney on Sep 01, 2023, 06:46 PMDefinitely not another barn find for auction as
 https://youtu.be/ZWCTmyOFKik?si=Enu016k_vU-po-GN

Thanks for that, really enjoyed watching it

Oddjob

Spotted today in West Landarn.
Ok, it's a Series 3 but I like it.
Don't know what the Rover Social is though?

diffwhine

The Rover Social was an event held at Loseley Park in Surrey last year. I think there's another one this year at the Amberley Museum in West Sussex.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Space-Kook

They also have a mini meet on the last Sunday of every month in midhurst, a good mix of series and defenders. This month they're planning a convoy on the way to the dunsfold open day.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

simon1959

Spotted in Fulham by my daughter. Anyone on here?

Quote from: Oddjob on Sep 07, 2023, 07:03 PMSpotted today in West Landarn.
Ok, it's a Series 3 but I like it.
Don't know what the Rover Social is though?

A relatively late series 3.

It has neither front or rear mounted filler cap, so could be ex mod lift the seat up to access the tank or lhd.

But if lhd then heater vent would be on rh wing if fitted.

James Ham

Quote from: simon1959 on Oct 10, 2023, 12:25 PMSpotted in Fulham by my daughter. Anyone on here?

Interesting.  Any idea which road it was on?  I'll have a look when I'm passing later this week.

As a resident of Battersea I'm always on the lookout for kindred spirits locally, but without much success.

James Ham

It's been quiet on this thread lately.  Here's a machine I spotted near Orpington at the weekend.  Is it known to the club or even is the owner on the forum?  Unconventional front bumper!You cannot view this attachment.

Sacrilege to drill an aerial hole in what appears to be an otherwise unmarked truck cab roof.

FWH are selectro.

autorover1

Its a working vehicle, drill holes where you like! Once I had plucked up courage to drill one antenna  hole in the roof of my new S3 that was it , more followed . On the other hand I would be loathed to drill one in the station wagon roof on my S1

I would drill wing top, if you had a gun to my head, definitely not my unmarked truck cab.

Try and pick up on existing fittings and brackets of them.

No radio fitted to mine so not an issue.

Exile

A hole-free truck-cab roof, that is also totally undented is probably the rarest body part you can (or cannot!) find.

I'm with you on this one 2286. :cheers-man

Quote from: Exile on Nov 10, 2023, 06:15 PMA hole-free truck-cab roof, that is also totally undented is probably the rarest body part you can (or cannot!) find.

I'm with you on this one 2286. :cheers-man

Phew, I thought I was being precious on this one. 

The roof on mine has no holes and is pretty close to dent free.  I think because despite an early stint with first owner on a farm it was owned by the nhs for a very long time.

The dash has not been cut to fit a radio either.

The only thing that I have done to it that I regret is to remove the rope cleats at the front of the tub to fit an ifor canopy.  I retained the cleats so its only 4 rivets that have been lost.

Oddjob

Who's this in my West London manor? (Tesco)