News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

The all new Spotted thread.

Started by Kev, Jul 20, 2023, 08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seemingly a swb ex mod.  Not as widely used as the 109.

S3 on a J plate, could be an approximate year reg.

Vehicle Details
Vehicle make   LAND ROVER
Date of first registration   May 1978
Year of manufacture   1971
Cylinder capacity   2246 cc
CO₂ emissions   Not available
Fuel type   PETROL
Euro status   Not available
Real Driving Emissions (RDE)   Not available
Export marker   No
Vehicle status   Taxed
Vehicle colour   GREEN
Vehicle type approval   Not available
Wheelplan   2 AXLE RIGID BODY
Revenue weight   Not available
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued   20 October 2019

Oddjob

Spotted at a vineyard in California by a relative   
Apologies it's a series 3 but I thought it was interesting.  Don't fancy riding in that front seat though!

diffwhine

Amazing how a game viewer gets from Africa to California. I don't think those game bars will be very busy in a Californian vineyard. I used to build those things for a living. What's interesting about is that most game viewers are built on RHD vehicles for Southern and East Africa. A left hand drive is a rarity.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Oddjob

Apparently it's tesla powered too!

Theshed

Quote from: 2286 on Jul 28, 2023, 12:23 PMTheshed  I take it pic 3 shows a gun rack not a wooden cup holder.

Did you get any more pics of the roofless range rover also in shot?

I did take a few, so will try and upload. Just hope RangeRover is acceptable on S2 Forum ...

Alan Drover

I've just finished watching an episode of Midsomer Murders (yes, sad maybe), made in 2005, which features a 1971 109 2A pickup, CHT 898J,  fitted with Defender door mirrors. DVLA records show it as currently taxed.
I wonder if it belongs to a club member or is known to the club.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Oddjob

What a day, spotted 3 series land rovers in West London and I still haven't driven home!
(Can someone technically minded check that the location data isn't still attached to these pics?)

James Ham

I spotted this one in Battersea this morning.

Exile

I wonder if being ULEZ exempt is making them more  popular in The Smoke?

Oddjob

Maybe that and maybe people using them to visit the area as their usual everyday car isn't compliant?

Odd job that second pic instantly brought back memories of holding the drivers seat up out out of the way as my pal quenched his s1's thirst every other day.

The tank not having an external fill of course.

Oddjob

That's why Series 2's are so much more refined!

Hopeydaze

Collecting my leaf blower from the local garden machinery (owner drives an immaculate Defender) this working Series 2a came barrelling in. Used every day as originally intended
Looked immaculate from a distance although the owner assured me he painted it with a roller
1964 SWB SW. Sold by Land Rover New York, I purchased it in West Virginia, when I lived in the US, brought back to England in 2001

chipbury

Quote from: Hopeydaze on Dec 10, 2023, 03:07 PMCollecting my leaf blower from the local garden machinery (owner drives an immaculate Defender) this working Series 2a came barrelling in. Used every day as originally intended
Looked immaculate from a distance although the owner assured me he painted it with a roller

Looks like Leigh Park Garden Machinery - a useful place, I get spares for my garden stuff there.

Hopeydaze

Looks like Leigh Park Garden Machinery - a useful place, I get spares for my garden stuff there.

Wow, you are correct! Good people, very patient with my petrol leaf blower which I could never start. Took it to them about 5 times to start if for me. On this occasion they did a full carb rebuild and now it starts well. They told me how to use the choke! I reminded them I've owned a petrol 1964 Land Rover for 25 years
1964 SWB SW. Sold by Land Rover New York, I purchased it in West Virginia, when I lived in the US, brought back to England in 2001