News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

A lame Q re: 'Door rods'

Started by Wingshooter, Jul 29, 2023, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingshooter

So, I'm a year-and-a-half in tinkering with my '65 88 SWB.  In one of the boxes of bits I located the original door rods. 
The previous owner had taken the doors off - replacing ('upgrading' his term) the hinges with those of a Defender.  He never refit the two rods.

I'm missing something! According to the Green Bible - they're tagged 'Fixings' (Clevis pin, washer & a cotter pin)  ???

Is this all I need to set it right?  Or . . .?

Jimbo

You haven't got series 2 doors so you have the later door brackets.

You can buy a couple of conversion brackets from here:

https://www.bits4landys.co.uk/s2_to_s3_doorstrap_conversion.htm

ChrisJC

They are series 3 doors, which used a different arrangement!

Chris.

Wingshooter

Jim/Chris

Got it - the bits4landys 'fix' is out-of-stock but RoversNorth over here has something similar.

The doors must've been replaced before the truck was exported from UK to Georgia in 1998. 

Many thanks fellas  :tiphat       

Wingshooter

Looks as though the 'bits4landys' parts inventory is now being marketed under "https://embertonimperial.com/en-us"

cswagon

Thank you Nathan.
I was going to make my own but at that price it's not worth it.
Graham.
1971 Ser 11A 109 SW (flat packed) (now being driven daily)                                                         

1972 Ser 111 109 van (daily driver)...SOLD

Saga lout.

nathanglasgow

Happy to pass the knowledge on. This forum has brought me on from an ignorant newbie to a 'I know just enough to be dangerous with the spanners' land rover owner😂😂

Wingshooter

Following up to my 'tinkering'- sourced the Series 3 door conversion bits from Emberton Imperial (nice service).

Had to purchase a mini right-angle drill given the tight space - actually, a pretty nifty tool to have.  Finding 'stubby' drill bits took some time but very pleased with results.  Again, thx to all.  :cheers     

Wittsend

S2C members can claim a discount from Emberton Imperial.

Don't use split pins to retain the door stay pins, use R-clips  :gold-cup

:cheers-man