Check out this Washington state parts company!

Started by Wingshooter, Feb 07, 2024, 08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingshooter

I stumbled across this parts company, 'Dare Britannia' on a search for a couple off-beat parts. The s2c Forum's search tool delivered no hits what-so-ever on Dare. A hidden gem?  ??? You could spend a couple hours digging through this fella's (non-secure) website.  No published pricing and bit of a haul navigating through the site but WOW . . . some nice original and refurbished parts.   

http://www.darebritannia.com/series-land-rover-parts.html

The owner, Charles Kellogg has amassed the inventory over the last 55 years.  As I stated nothing is priced which translates to 'supply & demand' pricing . . . with that said, if you're looking for something really hard-to-find he might have it.  Ships worldwide. 

Hopeydaze

I used to live in the US and brought my vehicle back to the UK 23 years ago. I remember reading about them years ago.

If you are looking for hard to find items I recently purchased some Kodiak heater items from Pangolin 4x4.  Great people to deal with and their prices are clearly shown.
1964 SWB SW. Sold by Land Rover New York, I purchased it in West Virginia, when I lived in the US, brought back to England in 2001

geoff

I haven't bought from Charles Kellog but have sold quite a few items to him via eBay and from that perspective he has been perfect to deal with.
He certainly has a lot of spares !
He has a shipping agent in the UK who collates his purchases until a container is filled up so a lot of parts !
I suspect he does the same in other countries too.

Larry S

'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Genocache

"Cornflakes" doesn't have such a good rep over here.

Larry S

Quote from: Genocache on Feb 08, 2024, 04:47 AM"Cornflakes" doesn't have such a good rep over here.

Yup... he's call "Cornflake" for a reason.

For every person I know he has sold to I know 3 or 4 he refused to sell to.  He doesn't like to sell to those people he thinks don't know what they are doing.  But, if you got lots of cash...

Craig T

He has some nice 109" station wagons there. The blue 66 one looks right up my street. Only bit I'm not too sure about is the radiator style cap on the engine oil filler pipe. I always thought that was a much later addition unless it was different for the US market?

Craig.

GHOBHW

hope you have $150,000 dollars spare!
very tidy though

not sure when they came in, I thought it was on late 2As onwards, my 67 has the pull off cap like the early ones, original engine :RHD

Craig T

Yup, my April 67 vehicle has the two large silver breather caps on the engine. I thought the radiator cap on the filler was a later series 3 idea when they introduced some kind of breather recycling into the intake (positive crankcase ventilation) but maybe not unless the US market demanded that?
Everything else on the vehicle he claims is 100% unchanged from original spec.

$150,000 is a lot to pay! Around £119000 UK at the minute..

Craig.

Wingshooter

Quote from: Wingshooter on Feb 07, 2024, 08:21 PMThe s2c Forum's search tool delivered no hits what-so-ever on Dare.

Well, Dare Britannia at least made it to the Search engine!

Larry S

Quote from: GHOBHW on Feb 08, 2024, 10:24 AMhope you have $150,000 dollars spare!
very tidy though

not sure when they came in, I thought it was on late 2As onwards, my 67 has the pull off cap like the early ones, original engine :RHD

I will say that he does publish an exceptionally well done buyer's guide for Land Rovers.  I have used it as a reference many times.

I first dealt with him back when I was shopping around for a Series Rover. He emphatically let me know that the other Rover dealers were selling substandard rigs and that if I were to buy from a private seller I'd be throwing my money away.  He then sent me a listing of the Series Rovers he had for sale, which I still have.  On the list was a '63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon just like mine (I'm sure it was in much better condition than mine though); he was asking $45,000.00 for it back in 2004.

Exile

Quote from: Craig T on Feb 08, 2024, 10:35 AMI thought the radiator cap on the filler was a later series 3 idea when they introduced some kind of breather recycling into the intake
Craig.

This was built March 1969, so that style of cap came in before that - albeit, knowing the PO, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was wrong!)

(The pic was "as bought". It is marginally tidier now, and with a new radiator!)