News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Choice between seat manufacturers....

Started by Talullah, Feb 06, 2024, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talullah

My brother is about to purchase a set of black Series seats from possibly Exmoor Trim....images 1, 2 and 3 and I noticed that Heritage 1948 do a set, images 1a and 2a.

Do any of the other fellow Land Rover Series enthusiasts have any experience or opinions on them or are there any other manufacturers out there that can provide a better set?

Actually what do an original set of black Series 3 seats look like (sorry it is about a set of Series 3 seats and not Series 2)?

Thank you in advance

Old Hywel

The photos show deluxe seats. Plain 'flat' cushions were the norm.

Talullah

Thank you Old Hywel for your reply. I have seen the plain flat ones. Good to know that they were the original style.  :cheers-man

Craig T

Were plain flat cushions the norm in a series 3 though.

I think every series 3 I have seen have the black deluxe seats. My 1977 series 3 which started life as a basic Diesel hardtop with no extra interior trim like door panels, had the black deluxe seats.

Paddock spares sell them as well. If you're feeling generous towards you brother, you could order them online for him using the S2C discount code.

Craig.

GlenAnderson

A point to note, for the originality purists.

The original "deluxe" seats had one-piece embossed panels and were much more robust than the aftermarket ones that are made of smaller panels stitched together.

The deluxe seats do offer more support and comfort than the standard plain ones, provided the foam in them is correctly specced.

I also do not recall any of the Series 3s that have opassed through my hands having basic plain seats, except the ex military ones.

As for the OPs original question, I can only suggest he tries to see some in the metal, rather than relying on subjective internet opinion on something that's going to cost a few quid and be a literal pain in the rear if they're not up to the task...

Old Hywel

"Were flat plain cushions the norm in a Series 3?"

Yes.

Gingertom

Does anyone supply just the covers (Deluxe) mine are split at the stitching but the foam & bases are all good,
Member No: 2257

Serious Series

I bought two Britpart seat cushions from paddocks when exmoor kept bumping my delivery date back time and time again.
The beeding started to come out of the drivers side after just two years which was not a lot of miles moved that to passenger side and what is the drivers side is now doing the same and the stitching is failing.
Quite sure the previous ones where britpart but they keep changing there supplier so it is pot luck whet you get.