What did you do with your Series 2 in October ...

Started by Wittsend, Oct 01, 2023, 07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig T

Ooohhh, they are nice.
In that colour I guess they were destined for a late series 3. Good thing is they never changed design between the series 2 and 3 so fully interchangeable and even the door stays remained the same unlike the front doors. I guess they have the square cut-out for the window catches under the glass but once your door trims are in place, they will be hidden.
I like the drain tubes under the glass as well, they seem to be missing on some of the reproductions.

Don't tell anyone, but my front door tops are series 3 ones with the window catch cut-out just hidden under the trim.

Be great to meet up with another 109" SW one day. I seem to be the only one in my area. There was a recent Land Rover day at a museum local to us and out of 110 vehicles on display, I was the only 109" SW.

Craig.

Bloke

Yep, Series 3 versions. The guy we bought them from had them stored in his garage "since the seventies" and "never got round to fitting them"! The drain tubes do help spot the aftermarket versions from the originals. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me!

We're missing quite a few bits of the interior trim - but it's on the long old list of bits to sort out.

Me and my Dad always remark that we rarely see 109 SW's at the various shows we attend, they must be getting quite rare nowadays perhaps. We were very pleased to see Chris in his 109 SW on Sunday though. Maybe at the 2024 rally we can have our own designated area?  :cool
1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (My Dad's)

Exile

As I am also the owner of a 109" SIIA Station Wagon, I hope I can be allowed to go a little OT?

Many people know that Series One 107" Station Wagons had "split" middle row doors.

Then the SII Wagons came along with one-piece middle row doors.

What is not so well known is that the very first (sliding window) One Ten Station Wagons went back to having split middle row doors.
With proper galv full cappings rather than galvanised trim-pieces.

I have no idea why they did this, but as sliding-window One Tens were only built for a very short while, getting parts/doors for them can be a pain.

As the picture shows, one problem, familiar to Series II/A Station Wagon owners, did not go away!

Craig T

A very familiar image....

Have to wonder why they ever did split rear doors. Who would ever take them off and for what purpose? It's not as if they made the B post, centre door pillar split as well.

Interesting to see them though, hang onto them, will be a museum piece one day.  :cool

Craig.

AlbaTiVo

SP Panels do second row split doors.

All the best!

Steven