News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Whats a fair price?

Started by klaxon, Sep 12, 2023, 11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaxon

I have a noisy Fairey overdrive its got the growls, its complete apart from the lever knob and linkage clevis pins.
The splines are excellent in both sleeve and input shaft.
what is a fair price to ask for this?

Also I have a new Lucas C40T dynamo as removed from a new military engine(it has the double pulley and a tacho drive)
whats a fair price to ask?

Plus a pair of new Lightweight FRONT half shafts with drive flanges as removed from a new axle unit.
how much?

I have had these for years and its now time to start sorting out my years of hording!!!

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Who knows? Stick it on eBay for a start price of £350 'Collect Only' and hope it goes for £700+ If you're lucky it will. The market will speak.

Wittsend

I have a noisy Fairey overdrive its got the growls, its complete apart from the lever knob and linkage clevis pins.
The splines are excellent in both sleeve and input shaft.
what is a fair price to ask for this?

As the buyer can't test/hear it running on a vehicle, probable only worth £50 as parts ???

Also I have a new Lucas C40T dynamo as removed from a new military engine(it has the double pulley and a tacho drive)
whats a fair price to ask?

£50 ???

Plus a pair of new Lightweight FRONT half shafts with drive flanges as removed from a new axle unit.
how much?

£50 max ???

:RHD

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Which reminds me, I've a Roverdrive I never use. I'll stick it in the 'Trading Post'.

klaxon

Thank you for the replies.
I have using/servicing series motors for 40 years so I've accumulated a few odds and ends, maybe an auto jumble stall is called for.