Main Menu

Autumn B2L is out now...

Started by Wittsend, Oct 16, 2023, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

Mine landed on the doormat this morning, your pigeons may be slower than mine

Another cracking read  :gold-cup
Well done to all who contributed.

S2C members - go to the Members Section below to find more information about the forthcoming AGM.

Alan Drover

I'll be lucky to see mine before Christmas with the state of postal deliveries here. CLR is in the shops yet mine hasn't been delivered yet.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Beowulf

Quote from: Alan Drover on Oct 16, 2023, 01:28 PMI'll be lucky to see mine before Christmas with the state of postal deliveries here. CLR is in the shops yet mine hasn't been delivered yet.

I must have had my CLR for at least a week & probably more, but that won`t make you feel any better I suppose  :shakinghead     
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

Beowulf

Quote from: Wittsend on Oct 16, 2023, 11:12 AMMine landed on the doormat this morning, your pigeons may be slower than mine

It seems we have the same `Yankee Doodle Pigeon`, deliverer of top secret messages (Wacky Races), and after getting past Dick Dastardly and Muttley he delivered mine this morning   :))   At the moment it`s still in its wrapping.

Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

109+1

Mine was waiting on the mat when I got home.  :cheers-man

Alan Drover

Mine arrived today with a couple of Mrs. D's magazines but still no CLR and now we're 2 issues of the Radio Times missing.
We've had 2 consecutive days of post deliveries. Is it too much to expect a 3rd?
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

Not reached Marlborough yet!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Ben2a

Mine arrived in the wilds of South Suffolk  :RHD

Twomokes

Arrived in the wilds of Shropshire yesterday :coffee
The old days are the old days only because there're gone and won't be back.

Len

Landrover lens has not arrived yet.not a happy chappy.
 I am good with the idea of S2c stand/patch at Malvern and Newbury,exelent idea to crack on with.
Personally I go to both anyway just for the buzz and crack.
A s2c flag flying would be my homing beacon.

diffwhine

Quote from: Len on Oct 18, 2023, 09:15 AMLandrover lens has not arrived yet.not a happy chappy.
 I am good with the idea of S2c stand/patch at Malvern and Newbury,exelent idea to crack on with.
Personally I go to both anyway just for the buzz and crack.
A s2c flag flying would be my homing beacon.

Mine should arrive today so I can review my 15 seconds of fame before they all get recycled.

I'm up for pulling together a Newbury event / stand next year as its local to me so easy to sort and move trailers, banners, gazebos and so on. I think Malvern I'll leave to somebody else to do as that's a bit of a run for me. I went this year and enjoyed it, but as a punter, not a stall holder.

John

Mine was on the mat yesterday, a quality read as always :coffee
Used to be "oilstain" on old forum

diffwhine

I would like to congratulate all involved in producing this Autumn issue of B2L. As ever, a great magazine and a thoroughly enjoyable read. The content is excellent and it really does look great. A true testament to all the contributors and of course Martin Port as our esteemed Editor (along with his helpers who sanity check this with him).

I really do think this is something to be very proud of.

As for content, one area I wanted to highlight was the article on our new Malta group. A special thank you to Chris Stivala for taking on the Area Representative's mantle and to Andy Phillipou for all the time spent working with Chris to create what was obviously a fabulous launch and a thoroughly enjoyable day for all. Sorry Chris, but you appear to have now twinned Malta with Bristol. Not sure if that was your intention, but we all have a cross to bear.  :cheers

Thank you to all who contributed great and interesting articles and pictures. I see my breakfast picture from Cromford Meadows even got in there!

I haven't finished reading it yet, but apart from me looking as though I'm about to go up in front of a firing squad in the "From the Acting Chairman" bit, the rest of the magazine is excellent. My fault - I provided Martin with the photograph, so we may need to change that for the future.

As another reminder and has been highlighted elsewhere, there is a minor typo stating the AGM date as the 2nd November when it should say the  26th November. None of us are infallible and I'm sure pretty much every body now knows the confirmed correct date, but no harm in reinforcing the message.

Looking forward to the Winter issue which will be on us far sooner than we probably expect.

Alan Drover

Diffwhine, your photo looks like it's from Interpol's most wanted file!!!!
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

Quote from: Alan Drover on Oct 19, 2023, 04:51 PMDiffwhine, your photo looks like it's from Interpol's most wanted file!!!!

How do you know it isn't?