News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

What have you done with your Series 2 today ?

Started by Wittsend, May 01, 2024, 12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diffwhine

Collected another load of junk valuable saleable Series Land Rover parts

You cannot view this attachment.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Seanlandy

Watched videos and read up on overhauling my steering box. Doesn't actually appear too bad a job, although that may change once I start. Off to Craddocks to get bits once it opens at 8

diffwhine

Get yourself a tube of Wellseal if you haven't already got one. Best stuff for steering boxes in my view.

Space-Kook

Had a busy Land Rover week, lots of research and stripping the bonnet back to DBG, it's gone well but there isn't as much as I'd hoped.
Was a bit ago now but I've also printed a replica of the terminal strip to keep as a handy spare.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Seanlandy

Quote from: diffwhine on May 17, 2024, 07:45 AMGet yourself a tube of Wellseal if you haven't already got one. Best stuff for steering boxes in my view.
I saw this was used in one of the videos. Seems the thing to have.

simonbav

Quote from: Space-Kook on May 17, 2024, 04:05 PMHad a busy Land Rover week, lots of research and stripping the bonnet back to DBG, it's gone well but there isn't as much as I'd hoped.
Was a bit ago now but I've also printed a replica of the terminal strip to keep as a handy spare.

What was your technique stripping back the bonnet, SK?
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Space-Kook

Water based paint stripper takes it back one layer at a time, then with a gentle (if tedious) rub with a towel and rubber gloves for the stubborn bits.

I've done it before on the tub sides and wanted to see if a power wash after the stripper would help shift the paint quicker. Worked but too unreliable, wouldn't try that bit again.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Alan Drover

Sorted out the recalcitrant sticking cheap and 'orrible placcy brake light switch plunger with a spray of silicone oil.
I'm fairly sure I've got a spare somewhere so will start a search for it.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

Sweated more blood today and managed to load and move 4 engines to my store. Then sweated more blood off loading them.

You cannot view this attachment.

1 military grade reconditioned engine still in preservation state, 1 reconditioned civilian engine, 1 normal 24V military engine and a rather nice late Series 3 5Mb engine with 24 Volt electrics. Nice haul...

Dopey

Finished stitching and refurbing my (Leather cover) series steering wheel at last, not too bad a job once I cracked on with it.