British Motor Museum trip - anyone need any research on their truck?

Started by Mycroft, May 14, 2024, 03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mycroft

Cheers Dave. That's the original engine, per the database sequence of 1971 FCs.
1964 88" Canvas Top ACR Petrol
1979 88" Truck cab Petrol Series III

Dormy

Quote from: Mycroft on May 15, 2024, 11:11 PMMy pleasure Dave - the FCs are one of my 'to do's generally. I've got yours down as a red export 6-cyl, registered in May 1972 if that's right. Be great to have the engine number.
James

Thanks, the engine number is 33001426A
It is Red and a 2.6 6 cyl. I don't know any history on it and DVLA won't help so export is a surprise but could easily have gone overseas and come back. It's a Carmichael fire engine conversion on it.

Is it possible all chassis released to approved builders for body etc conversions carried an export#, even FC's ?

IIRC all the Dormobile 109s went on export chassis#, even the ones released as UK RHD.
"I'm sorry for the man who hears the pipes, and who wisnae born in Scotland."

Mycroft

I'm (always!) ready to be corrected, but LR had specific chassis numbers for different outcomes. On Forward Controls, they were as per my database decoder attached.

We have (6) Dormobile conversions on 343... chassis numbers (LHD 6-cyl petrol NADA), then others on 262... denoting RHD export petrol 4-cyl and 282 (RHD export diesel). Shout if I've misunderstood. The first destination listed in the factory records for these is always Martin Walter, (who later rebranded as Dormobile of course).

1964 88" Canvas Top ACR Petrol
1979 88" Truck cab Petrol Series III

jeichhorst

Definitely a 2.25 L but I've never been able to find info on it

J

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.