News:

Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Forum Themes

Started by Wittsend, Jul 08, 2023, 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

Moving to something new is always traumatic, especially when things are laid out differently.

I have made a "green" version of the Curve2 SMF default theme.
It looks very much like what the old forum looked like.

I have reset you all to this theme.

If you preferred the other theme, NameX_v123 then you can select it from your forum profile.
Top LH corner is your profile button.
Go to "Look & Layout" and select the theme of your choice.

Birdsnest55

I like this Theme

Paul
1965 109" 200TDi with a 5 speed gearbox and 3.54 diffs.

Wittsend

You'll note that the "recent posts" list is back   :gold-cup

scotty38

It's the nicer theme for sure and I had been trying it in blue so even better now it's a proper colour  :RHD
Still Wittsend's little helper.....

GHOBHW

is there a way to set it to night time mode again, i quite liked the darker background you could choose, was very easy on the eyes :RHD

Wittsend

You could always try the NameX_123 theme which had the day/night option.

Or you could just turn your screen brightness down  :neener

Exile

So I've got here and found the Unread Posts tab. :cheers

A problem I seem to have is that the page is smaller than it used to be, with a huge wide green margin each side.

Is there a way of reducing this margin so that the text area is larger?

Dopey

I had to use a fake email to sign up again from new, and when you write, the first attempt doesn't work, you have to do it twice before it accepts your discussion, and it takes an age to load..... like the old foum

Dopey

Quote from: Exile on Jul 08, 2023, 10:09 PMSo I've got here and found the Unread Posts tab. :cheers

A problem I seem to have is that the page is smaller than it used to be, with a huge wide green margin each side.

Is there a way of reducing this margin so that the text area is larger?

Press Ctrl and scroll with the wheel at the same time, it will make it bigger or smaller.

Wittsend

I think we are running the forum at 90% screen width. If you make it much wider it doesn't look right.
When I have a moment and can find the button we can try 95%.

Beowulf

Quote from: Dopey on Jul 08, 2023, 10:35 PMPress Ctrl and scroll with the wheel at the same time, it will make it bigger or smaller.
I can see how something like that would be very useful in life, and much quicker than driving to the chemist   ;)
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

Exile

The margins have become smaller.

Thank you.  :cheers 

Wittsend

Yes, I've taken down to 95%, I don't think we can go much smaller with much gain in the "look" of the forum.

Davidss

While we are on about reducing the 'squandering' of screen real estate, can we have the return of the facility to minimise the page header please?

Regards.

Wittsend

Don't know  :nixweiss

SMF 2.1.4 is as new to me as you folks.
Some old SMF features have not carried over to the new version (yet).
Things like the eBay tag and the Quick Replay option.

My main concern is to deliver a viable and sustainable forum where we have a critical mass of users and we pick up where we left off from the old forum.

I'm pleased to see some 200+ users have migrated across already  :gold-cup

I can now reflect upon some of the requests made - like this one.
Some won't happen - some might,

Give it a few more weeks and I'll ask again for suggestions.
I suppose I should keep a list as requests are being made in many places on here and my memory is not what it was  :thud
If I don't do things now, they may not happen.
And ... I go for the low hanging fruit - that's stuff I know how to fix.

:hinges