News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Registration confusion!

Started by Telemuhcaster, Sep 26, 2023, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telemuhcaster

Hello all. I posted here a while back about my suffix A registration on a series 2 1961. I've now found out the original registration and it's long sold off and on a Peugeot somewhere, which is gutting! (It's JBF 229, if anybody knows that car?). Question is, is it really worth getting an age related plate? It's a rather nice Worcestershire plate (AAB 467A) and I don't know if it's honestly worth getting a number dictated to me! Perhaps it's a part of its history and I should leave it. I don't know!

TimV

Part of its history.

Should you get an age related plate - you might end up with one of the unused Scottish numbers - which frankly look awful and shows it's been plate robbed.

Peter Holden

As far as DVLA are concerned the A suffix reg is an age related registration and they will not change it for a 3 + 3.  If you want more information email me

Peter

Alan Drover

When I tried to put the registration number on my MGB on retention I was told it had to have an MOT even though it's exempt.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Old Hywel

Quote from: TimV on Sep 26, 2023, 01:45 PMPart of its history.

Should you get an age related plate - you might end up with one of the unused Scottish numbers - which frankly look awful and shows it's been plate robbed.

I don't think Scottish numbers are used now. More likely all X an U combinations.
( Not many people have those initials )