News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

What you did with your Series 2 in March

Started by Wittsend, Mar 01, 2024, 12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Countryview

After removing the flattened drivers side leaf spring with a view to take apart and renovate before realising the springs were Britpart, I fitted new jones springs today and treated him to new dampers as well. Heavy work for one person and the grinder had to be used for the u bolts one side. A job I don't want to be doing again any time soon!!
1959 88" Series 2

Alan Drover

A very pleasant drive and dog walk on the first day of spring in the warm sunshine.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

Spent the day freeing the clutch off a 109 which has been in long term storage after freeing the brakes off another 109 which had also been in long term storage. The hard work paid off and I gained an EP90 gear oil pump as well. Can't complain as it works fine and came full of EP90.

Anybody know where I might be able to get a new hose for it? Its ok, but I can see it giving up the ghost if I use it regularly.

You cannot view this attachment.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Exile

Quote from: diffwhine on Mar 20, 2024, 10:14 PMAnybody know where I might be able to get a new hose for it? Its ok, but I can see it giving up the ghost if I use it regularly.

Local hydraulics Company might fit the ends to a new hose.

diffwhine

That will be the local Pirtek agent then. Thanks - I'll have a chat with them.

Old Hywel

That size hydraulic hose won't be very flexible.

Bonnet-rouge

Another great find on eBay an ever warm radiator lamp , apparently used before antifreeze was invented I think I'll stick with antifreeze, works great as well
The Earth is flat 🌎

Domeheadrivet

New doors arrived from SP. They're sooo straight.
1966 Series 2a 88" LHD Station Wagon

diffwhine

Just be careful when tightening up the door top fixings. The alloy on replacement doors is much softer than traditional aircraft alloy. Its really easy to dent. I speak from bitter experience...

Larry S

Quote from: Bonnet-rouge on Mar 22, 2024, 03:48 PMAnother great find on eBay an ever warm radiator lamp , apparently used before antifreeze was invented I think I'll stick with antifreeze, works great as well

How in Sam Hill does it work?!
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

diffwhine

We had something similar for our trucks in Bosnia. It was just a paraffin burner a bit like what you would use in a greenhouse for frost protection. I'm guessing this is similar?

Larry S

Here we go...

https://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/engineheater.htm

Kind of reminds me of the WWI German MG08 & MG08/15 heaters as well as the tank heaters used on the Eastern Front in WWII.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

haveyoubooked

Finally got round to rebuilding the double SU fuel pump on my 109 6cyl this weekend... Date stamp on stripdown photos was 2nd April 2023. Only took a year to get round to rebuilding it!

Daisythelandie

Got the last of four wheels painted today, had them blasted and primered then the cold weather took hold and the mojo went. Just the spare still to finish and the Landie can come off the bricks.... All in plenty time for 'Drive it Day' on the 21st next month.

Dave.
Dave & Daisy the Landy, 31 years of ownership and still smiling.

steve6027

Fitted the front headlining after a lot of fiddling.
Rear headlining to fit, awaiting for a couple of trim pieces to arrive in the post, then paint up along with the four vent trims.

Steve.