What did you do with your Land Rover in August

Started by Wittsend, Aug 01, 2023, 10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Countryview

Pack every tool and spare you can and plan for the worst is my theory...the day you dont will is likely to be the day it lets you down
1959 88" Series 2

diffwhine

Now I take the opposite view. Have faith in your work. Carry a basic tool roll and keep it simple. If not, we'd all be dragging round a Snap On van load of tools!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Old Hywel

'A few miles away' doesn't call for much more than a tow rope, just in case.

Alan Drover

Attended the Wallop Gathering today. Parked next to a Series 1. There was a tatty Series 3 Station Wagon which the owner said the insurance agreed valuation was £10,000(!), a Series 3 Carmichael Fire Tender and a shiny 88 2A hard top in the boot sale area. The owner doesn't belong to the Series 2 club but I did explain the advantages of membership.
On the way home I was overtaken by a yoof driving some backfiring modern junk. In my day of proper cars backfiring meant retarded ignition timing. Nowadays it means a retarded driver and I was right behind it at the next roundabout.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Ian F

On the way home I was overtaken by a yoof driving some backfiring modern junk. In my day of proper cars backfiring meant retarded ignition timing. Nowadays it means a retarded driver and I was right behind it at the next roundabout.

Very good Alan!!!

Ian F

Kaney

Changed the 2 2004 batteries for 2 new ones (as it's a 24v) from Halfords as it struggled to start so relived when I fitted the new ones and it started without an issue as being a Landy owner you never know if you fixed the it until it starts also put the door handles on the inside as well as the fire extinguisher she has asked for before felling safe sat on top of the fuel tank

Adam1958

Today I have mostly been arsing about fitting a new steering wheel. I was keen to have a slightly smaller wheel, and move it forward a little bit. As a yoof I was into aircooled VWs, and the petri style banjo wheels that got used in 356s was always the hot ticket... so I bought one and got a 48 spline LR boss kit and turned it down a bit and drilled and tapped it to suit. Pretty chuffed. The Wolfsburg horn push might get painted at some point to look more original.

Daisythelandie

Got the old tyres removed yesterday and today took the rims to the shot blasters for a little tickle and primer.
Landie up on bricks.... :coffee
Dave & Daisy the Landy, 31 years of ownership and still smiling.

Space-Kook

Finished up and put in the new door cards this evening.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Herald1360

Is that lock upside down? On the wrong side?  :confused

Space-Kook

Ah, that would explain why it scrapes on the  door.  :confused
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT