Regarding that custom "Series Hot Rod " featured here recently.

Started by w3526602, Nov 13, 2023, 10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3526602

Hi,

I liked the look of that car ... but it might clash with the claims (that I'm planning to make) about my arthritis preventing me getting into any of the passenger seats of our (Barbara's) Hyundai IX20. Presumably the same would apply to any taxi/hire car?

I can only bend my left knee about 90*, but my right foot can move back a further 4".

I presume that I can get my left foot under the dashboard with minimal ending, and my bum onto the seat, before loading my more flexible right leg.

Personally, I prefer the shape of the earlier chrome grills ... fairly easy to fabricate, and could leave the radiator behind No.1. Cross Member.

I presume that the out-riggers along both sides of the chassis rails, and the rear cross-member extensions, can be trimmed back to the chassis rails, or nearly, without contravening any "Radical Alteration" regulations?? It might be nice, depending on body-style, to contour the chassis rails behind the rear axle line.

I can dream about getting one of the chassis manufacturers to build a NEW chassis from the front ends of two 88"s, glued together, but with the rear bit facing backwards. It would give a prettier base to carry a 1930s style sports body, apart from the swinging shackles being at the wrong ends of the springs. Hey ... it could have normal front bumpers ... one at each end ... possibly shortened to improve the "between-walls" turning circle.

I can dream!

PS.  "Honestly  Officer, it's a long lost factory development car that was abandoned at the start of the Suez Crisis, in 1957."  :cheers-man 

PPS. I wonder if I can con CAR DIY SOS into taking on the project?