News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

New wheels or spacers

Started by Truckcab, Nov 16, 2023, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3526602

Hi,

I have noticed that EBAY adverts for second hand TYRES come with no mention of the WHEELS that they are still fitted to. You need to see the photos to see if they are include, or not.

They also frequently come in sets of 4 or 5.

Can anybody here define what type of wheels (off-set and pierced) were fitted to which vehicles?  For instance, I suspect the Range Rover VANS came with STEEL PIERCED wheels, but can't remember ever seeing such a vehicle.

John

There are so many part numbers of Land Rover steel wheels you need to be sure to get a set and not a collection of odd wheels :shakinghead
Here is a file of some of the part numbers, I'm sure you will see more!
Used to be "oilstain" on old forum

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Stock S3 and coiler rims are usually dirt-cheap. You don't need to pay much,

Proper deep rims are nice, soon get pricey. And with those, near meaningless, tear-up the part number list straight away.

https://www.900club.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1403&sid=6c0faeb39db3e83cc989a6fea6bb1a3d

Craig T

I have a set of wheel spacers sitting in my garage not doing anything. They are for the later, larger, metric sized wheel studs. They bolt onto the studs first with another (included) set of wheel nuts then the wheels go on the spacer on another set of studs spaced between the other ones.

They belong to a friend of mine that used to run them on his series 3. Open to offers I guess but collection is most definitely preferred, they weigh a lot!

Craig.

Alan Drover

I recognise the SEB 1 ton. I was a passenger in it round Thruxton race circuit in June 2022 when there was a parade of Land Rovers and the club had a stand there.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

Having eventually received the December issue of LRM I found an interesting article on fitting Wolf wheels. The military retrofitted them but left the wheelstuds as standard, just tightening them up a bit more. There were never any stud failures but these were all the later larger studs.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"