News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

V5 Update

Started by Theshed, Jul 14, 2023, 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theshed

Some weeks back I asked advice with regard to sending my V5 to DVLA for an update.
Changing fuel type from Petrol to Diesel.
Following advice from Peter and others on the Forum I posted it off with a short accompanying letter and today V5 was duly returned. Thank You.
Updated, and not ? I received two, one of each ! Handy if I return to Petrol  :cheers-man
Strange as I also recently received two tax reminders for my 'Modern'. If you can call 22 year old Mondeo modern.

And finally the weight is given as 3499Kg. Seems a lot as a quick Google puts the new Defender at 2500 Kg.
Ps, My old RangeRover fited with a Perkins 4203 was given as 9999CC !

Peter Holden

For some reason DVLA often default the revenue weight of series land rovers to 3499KG possibly because there was no weight on the original reg documents

Peter

Theshed

Well, this morning I received a letter from DVLA saying they had sent V5 with the wrong details and an updated one is on the way.
I'm guessing the 'Heavy Oil' one which arrived at the same time is the updated one.
I did try it out by entering that reference number on Gov.Uk to check MoT status. The number was accepted but MoT Status returned no results.
I thought it would show historic or something as I have not put it through a full MoT in the last twelve months.

autorover1

Historic Taxation class is not normally an automatic update although I have heard of some being changed automatically by the DVLA

Theshed

How could I check if the MoT status is correct ?
It just say 'No Details Recorded'.

Alan Drover

So long as it's on a green background it recognises that the vehicle is MOT exempt.
Go to a vehicle tax check site and you can check on previous MOT's. Make sure the site you use is gov.uk.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Theshed

Quote from: Alan Drover on Jul 15, 2023, 06:03 PMSo long as it's on a green background it recognises that the vehicle is MOT exempt.
Go to a vehicle tax check site and you can check on previous MOT's. Make sure the site you use is gov.uk.
Yes it was Gov.UK and the background was green so I reckon all is good.