News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Urgent - Attempted Theft - Sheffield S7 area

Started by Peter Holden, Dec 05, 2023, 10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Holden

A warning has cropped up on the Peaks and Potteries facebook page after a member living in the S7 area of Sheffield had someone try to steal his SWB last night

Peter

Rob_W

Thanks Peter, yes, it's mine.

Any details on the miscreants, doorbell cam footage.

How many of them what vehicle if any they are in.

Rob_W

Tom

Sorry to hear about that Rob - is the land rover OK? Not too much damage I hope  :cheers-man

Rob_W

Enough to involve insurance, but not massive amounts. Now looking into a lot more visible security.

S2A V8

I had a td5 defender tipper stolen off my drive in 2007, I used the insurance money from that to buy a new 130 chassis cab in 2008 which I had an all aluminium tipper back fitted, but within a couple of months I had the bonnet and the seats stolen from it. After I got it back I rigged up a temp camera and dvr which sounded an alarm in the house if anybody came onto the drive and sure enough within 2 days of getting the defender back the alarm went off at 2am with 2 people round the defender they must have seen me as they legged before I could get out off the house. Had a drive around to see if there where any trace of them. After that I fitted an high res cctv camera on the drive which records 24/7 onto a nas drive and so far upto date there as been no more attempts to steel parts or the vehicle. The camera I have at the moment is an Axis 5mp recording 24/7 on a Qnap nas drive the nas drive holds about 1 years recording before over writing the earlier recordings.   

GHOBHW

can't be too careful anymore. seems annoying putting 3 locks on everytime I leave it, but what if...

had people trying to steal bits off my 130 in 2010 or so. not even late, around 10pm at night, so lights on, people walking around etc

saw them out of the window, one stood by the door waiting for if someone came out. bolted about 1 minute later, didn't actually take anything thankfully.

this was when the police actually cared, so had dogs and a helicopter out within 10 minutes, but never found anything.

makes you sick to see this stuff happening, god knows where the parts/vehicles end up.

Sadley this is all too widespread.

They dont even wait for the cover of darkness, they rely on folks being too busy or afraid to challenge them.

Whilst no vehicle is worth getting hurt for, it has certainly put me back on high alert, if ever I am ever anything else.

Disclok and blocking in with other vehicles will slow but it will not prevent stripping.

I wonder if the cease in land rover production has stoked the fires so to speak.

At one point the local police routinely stopped land rovers after a curfew time, to establish why they were on the move.  Resources put pay to that.

John

Quote from: S2A V8 on Dec 05, 2023, 05:59 PMholds about 1 years recording before over writing the earlier recordings.   
When I was still working my employer had a very good CCTV system but they were told that legally recordings of anyone in a area with public access could not be held for more than a month :confused
but I think a year is a good idea....
Used to be "oilstain" on old forum

I have been told that due to privacy the area outside your own boundaries is restricted.

Sad times that you cannot have items without having to be afraid that you make awake or come back to find them fully or partially missing.

John

:flasher
Would one or more of these around the area your Land Rover is stored give a good warning when the trip line is moved....
eBay item number:173882890453
Used to be "oilstain" on old forum

Graham Smith

QuoteI have been told that due to privacy the area outside your own boundaries is restricted.

Strange, a neighbour had some bikes stolen from a garage 3 lads came back twice for 4 bikes caught them on my camera and the footage was used to identify them by the police.

It was in relation to commercial premises not residential Graham.

Camera from a 24hr fuel station that recorded a pub opposite where drug dealing was taking place, police said they could not submit the blatant and damming footage as the garage cameras should not have been capturing the pub in its splay.

I would be of the opinion that to have a recording then argue its validity.

The police use anpr fixed and doorbell to demonstrate presence before during and after.

S2A V8

Several years ago there was an attempted breakin at my next door neighbour, the first port of call for the police was me to see if I had any footage of the incident.