News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars

Started by TimV, Dec 15, 2023, 10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimV

Did anyone else see this last night on UK Freeview Quest channel 12?

I quote from the programme guide:

"A rare half-built Land Rover Series-2a gives Drew the chance to create his dream Safari 'Landie'. With accessories no longer available, the artisans step in."

It was supposed to be a 1970 car (J plate), however, the front was wrong - should have been lights in the wings. In fact the seller admitted he had changed it! The sills were wrong - should have been shallow. And it had a later rocker cover. A bit of a bitsa. But worth £24K?

NoBeardNoTopKnot

I'd be more concerned if those things were correct. Minded to age, whilst not impossible, it's near inconceivable, or highly suspicious if everything is as '1970 ex-factory'. I'd be asking how come?

Exile

I watched it.

Turned the Land Rover into a Drew Pritchard confection.

A nice visit to Rob Maude and Sue Cummings/Charlesworth Mouldings though.

GHOBHW

I think thats half of the fun for those shows, not the presenter, but the places they visit that actually do the work.

like on his antiques one, I'd rather watch the people behind the scenes cleaning/fixing the stuff hes bought ???

Mycroft

Some very strange decisions (keeping the wrong wings and headlights, spending £700 filling in the easily patched and invisible side light holes, using modern, cast Land Rover badges, painting the chassis, the colour scheme in general, the LaSalle (?) headlining, the other period incorrect stuff (banjo steering wheel, sills, rocker cover). Made me wonder about some of their other restorations.

Still, you can't argue with £25k!
1964 88" Canvas Top ACR Petrol
1979 88" Truck cab Petrol Series III

Univetsal

Two tone roof and white steering wheel... 😳
 :confused