Main Menu

New Canvas top - which supplier

Started by stevesharpe, Feb 12, 2024, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevesharpe

Hi all
I am about to order a new full canvas for my 1961 SWB
I see there are several suppliers
Do any members have recommendations on getting the best quality?
Many thanks
Steve

Archie

Archie

Boston109

I also used All a Wheel Trim and couldn't have been happier.  It's weathered really well and keeps the rain out.
1965 2a 109 RHD

stevesharpe

Any other opinions? I need to order this week sometime
Steve

whitehillbilly64

I have two UnderCovers Cover Tilts.
One on my S3 SWB daily, one to be fitted on my 80 inch.
Very happy with both, and great service to Aus.
The make canvas for the Military, which mean it may take longer than other companies.
I was told 6 to 8 weeks. Got a call after 6 weeks to say it was done.

whitehillbilly

stevesharpe

Having read various reviews, it appears that Undercover Covers has the best reputation - they have in stock and shipping is free - order has gone in
Many thanks
Steve

Moogling

My all wheel trim canvas has failed within 2 years of being kept fairly dry under a carport. At bit disappointing!

Smokey 11a

Quote from: Moogling on Feb 13, 2024, 01:17 PMMy all wheel trim canvas has failed within 2 years of being kept fairly dry under a carport. At bit disappointing!

My UCC one was going the same way even after being treated every couple of months, down to the EU changing the chemicals that can be used. Now looking for a tin top and I'll keep the canvas for away days in the summer.

TimV

Friends with canvas covers seem to be forever replacing them (every couple of years), I point out my hard top is still as I fitted it eight years ago!

Peter Holden

That is fair enough Tim but I just don't like tin tops, I would rather have no roof

Peter

chipbury

My tilt is from Undercover Covers. It's made with a modern rip stop material like they use for their current military products.
After a bit of weathering it looks like a canvas one.
It's been on 9 years living outside and is still in good condition.

Smokey 11a

Pity UCC didn't inform me when I ordered a new roof that the life expectancy was now so short. I would have gone for the new style material and not had to buy a tin top for the winter.