News:

Typical Bank Holiday weather ... 

Main Menu

UCC?

Started by Gingertom, Sep 12, 2023, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gingertom

Hi I'm trying to buy a replacement canvas, I've tried phoning UCC on multiple occasions & have completed their online request form ,I've waited a couple of weeks incase of holidays but still no response, am being too impatience or should I be looking elsewhere?

Cheers
Member No: 2257

Davidss

As a UCC customer, my experience was that their customer service is probably the worst aspect of their business. Be as generous as you like regarding their failings in this area, but do not feel you are being too hard if you decide you would prefer a more respectful standard of service.

I think you should prepare the ground by making the same enquiry with other suppliers that offer the same product you want, without closing your enquiry with UCC.

Regards.

gcc130

Tom Pickford is an agent for UCC, try his website, Vintagelrco.Uk

scotty38

I cannot disagree with anything that's been said and in this day and age it should not be this difficult to contact a supplier. Having said that my UCC canvas is very high quality and I have no regrets buying it so check out your options for sure but please don't cut off your nose if the only barrier is the shoddy communication....  :RHD
Still Wittsend's little helper.....

Crumbly65

I've had a similar experience when dealing with UCC in the past. 

I know it's a poor excuse, but they are a relatively small business, with a large, important customer base. You do just need to keep trying to speak to them directly by phone, together with emails. 

They will eventually respond, and deliver an excellent product, but UCC most certainly need a customer interface person, who can give accurate delivery times, and ensure the workshop is on time with order progression.

It shouldn't be difficult, but it appears it is for the guys that run UCC.  They really do need to sort themselves out in this day & age.....

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Small companies often won't have the staffing or time to answer queries, quickly or as completely as we would like. More so if deference is also a requirement. There are many customers they won't want. Those staff able to answer questions fully are usually the most highly paid - too busy with many other aspects to a business. Demanding customers are often the least profitable, and ignoring a few self-selects. It's often better to ignore most, and use the time on low-hanging fruit., inflict the rest on competitors.

Whereas large companies will answer, it's more likely to be from those with little or no real knowledge. And so it goes. There is no solution.

geoff

Don't be surprised if Tom is tardy as well  :coffee

Gingertom

Quote from: gcc130 on Sep 12, 2023, 11:34 PMTom Pickford is an agent for UCC, try his website

One small factor for the choice of UCC was the Club discount (Every little helps...), Perhaps we should be approaching Tom Pickford to see if he could offer the same on UCC products?
Member No: 2257

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Doubtful. Mr Pickford has to eat. A portion of the UCC discount will be the margin given to Mr Pickford.

A friend of mine's boy took his car in for part-ex. It was worth £6-700 - this on a good day. He was happy because they allowed him £3500 as part-ex.

You had to smile.