What you did with your Series 2 in April

Started by Wittsend, Apr 01, 2024, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig T

Painted a new badge for the front grille on my 109" Station Wagon.

Craig.

Space-Kook

Put a pin in the handbreak linkage so it can be parked on hills again.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

diffwhine

^^^
That's always useful I find. Errant escapee Land Rovers do take some catching.

I started the project to clean up and rebuild a set of side steps for my Station Wagon. Nothing to fit them to yet, but made a start...
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Craig T

Reminds me of the film, The gods must be crazy.....

Watch from about 3:48 onwards on this link but well worth getting a copy of the full film if you don't already have one..
https://youtu.be/t127UCrtvLw

Craig.

Dopey

Prepping the steering wheel and painting (spray)

You cannot view this attachment.

Larry S

Quote from: diffwhine on Apr 24, 2024, 04:03 PM^^^
That's always useful I find. Errant escapee Land Rovers do take some catching.

And that is exactly WHY I had to start Grover's rebuild all those years ago.  And after Grover had been caught the Police Chief, after he had finished laughing, suggested I start the rebuild ASAP.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

diffwhine

Larry - there's a story in there which I want to hear...

Craig T

Wished her happy birthday this morning.
57 years ago today she rolled off the production line and on the 9th of May 1967 she was dispatched and started the journey to Malta. I assume they just sat outside somewhere at the factory in that 2 week interval?

diffwhine

In the production process, there is a period when a vehicle finishes being owned by manufacturing and then goes "ABS". That is "Accepted By Sales". This is when a vehicle is signed off as complete and correct and becomes a saleable stock unit available for release and dispatch. Vehicles usually go ABS about 2 weeks after they complete manufacturing, so that would make sense. Its still the same today as far as I am aware.

Bonnet-rouge

Decided to sort out rattling gear lever , found out flooring was fastened down with nuts and bolts that were rusted , lever housing has been messed with so new housing ordered and spire screws so flooring can go down and removed easily . Took a while to remove 60 plus years of grease and muck but all clean now .
The Earth is flat 🌎

Larry S

Quote from: diffwhine on Apr 25, 2024, 07:48 AMLarry - there's a story in there which I want to hear...

I live in a really small town,less than 1,500 people.  It's a relatively quiet town, not a ton of traffic.

About 4 years after I purchased Grover the transmission started popping out of gear and the transmission brake was nonexistent.  One day I parked in front of the hardware store in town.  The front parking apron is stopped down towards the road, which is also the busiest road in town and one of the busiest in the county. 

While I was in the hardware store Grover popped out of gear, rolled out the parking area, across the street and into the gas pump area of the gas station across the street.  Grover literally stopped right next to one of the pumps, on the fill side! 

I walked outside just in time to see Grover come to a stop, and about 50' from me stood the chief of police and the hardware store manager - laughing their butts off. 

I walked over to Grover and a few minutes later, so did the chief.  While still chuckling the chief said "you're damned lucky there was no traffic; get it fixed."  In reply I said "Grover's thirsty, what can I say".  Luckily the chief was a friend.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Old Hywel

Alan Drover

Checked the tyre pressures. Strangely all 4 were correct.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Gres

Forcibly removed the moss and a few more pieces of paint with the jetwash. Getting closer to the regular paint job, approximately once every 17 years.

Seanlandy

Quote from: Craig T on Apr 24, 2024, 04:13 PMReminds me of the film, The gods must be crazy.....

Watch from about 3:48 onwards on this link but well worth getting a copy of the full film if you don't already have one..
https://youtu.be/t127UCrtvLw

Craig.

That's great. I enjoyed watching that.