Our New Website...!

Started by diffwhine, Jan 01, 2024, 09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Holden

Chris is magic

Peter

22900013A

Quote from: Bloke on Jan 11, 2024, 09:52 AM
Quote from: 22900013A on Jan 11, 2024, 07:02 AMI was looking for the "my restoration" section, mainly for old pics of my vehicles.

Here is one of your original restoration threads:

https://www.series2club.co.uk/new_forum/index.php?topic=2979.0

Though it looks like the photos have been removed.

Tom

Thanks, took some time but got on there, pity the photos are gone.

Wittsend

:teacher
Do NOT use the Forum or website as a means of storing your precious pictures.
Make your own arrangements - we cannot guarantee continuous forum/server service.

Note:
Content has NOT been removed - we just can't access it  :'(

Chris866

Am I missing something but when I look at https://www.series2club.co.uk/new_forum/index.php?topic=2979.0 I can see the photos?   :confused
- Membership secretary
- Anglia Area Rep
- Website admin

Richard

In my browser (FF) there are only images in the left column, avatars?, and a dormobile in a signature. No wait, on page 5 of the thread there are some pictures of a bumper. But those are the only photos I see... (Safari same thing.) One of the images is here: https://postimg.cc/tn92k4hY .
Richard
'64 S2a

Craig T

That link looks all normal to me, pictures of chassis frames, exhausts, narrow fuel tanks all in line with the posts.

Using a Windows 11 PC here with Edge browser.

Craig.

Richard

To give an example: I'm not seeing the photo on page 1 of the thread, « Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 16:49:16 », 22900013A writes: "I thought this photo might be a useful [...]" and underneath the message there seems to be room for that photo, but it isn't there, at least not in my Mac OSX FF or Safari. (By the way, I sort replies last first first last.)

I have an old Windows XP on a virtual machine, but it's nu use putting it online, because of the certificates being out of date, I'm afraid.

Richard
'64 S2a

Wittsend

One of the reasons why we "upgraded" and moved to this new forum last July was that we had problems connecting to the old forum from the new server - the one we are using now. Lots of error messages cropping up as the server couldn't work properly with older versions of .php and MySQL databases.

I can see all the images using Safari on an Apple Mac, on my iPhone and on my Windows 10 laptop.

With the old (archives) forum - keep going back and re-loading the page. Eventually you should get through past the errors.

Betsy1969

Quote from: Richard on Jan 07, 2024, 02:16 PM
Quote from: Betsy1969 on Jan 07, 2024, 11:26 AMAnother vote of thanks and well done's from me. Excellent work and looks really slick. I still can't find past articles in the search box but that's probably my age  :thud
Could those be past articles posted while we were still on the old forum? In that case you "just" have to open Archives with the button on top, second from left. Doing so will open a new tab or window with the old forum, at the following address: https://www.series2club.co.uk/new_forum/index.php

However, this may not happen at the first try. Sometimes you get an error. An error has occurred, the tab says, and gibberish nobody understands, like Call to undefined function shell_exec() (see the image below). Explanations for this behaviour lie beyond the event horizon of even young persons like myself :cool

Just hit the LOGIN button in the second green line, somewhere in the middle to open a Login-screen. With any luck, you're login-information will already be there, autofilled by your friendly browser (see the second image). Otherwise fill in the user name and password you used to login with at the old forum, and hit the Login button below. Just ignore the error message you get, the same as the one before, and now hit the SEARCH button. The next page will probably greet you with "Good afternoon Betsy1969", and you'll be on the Set Search Parameters page.

Richard

Thank you Richard , I'll give it a go. Unfortunately I can't remember what I wanted to look at now Doh !

w3526602

Hi,

Sorry, I cannot comment, I have been unable to access my Email, since my PC was set up by my Guru in Milton Keynes, some months ago.

Apparently W10 has different, and more complicated, requirements, for the "make-up" of my user name.

On the other hand, I have little confidence in my Guru.

For some unknown reason, some (all?) of my mail is diverted/copied/??? to Barbara's KINDLE ... but I do not know which version of Windows her Kindle  uses.

Wittsend

What OS is used in the Amazon Kindle?
Fire OS
Fire OS is a mobile operating system based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). It is developed by Amazon for their devices. Fire OS includes proprietary software, a customised user interface primarily centred on content consumption, and heavy ties to content available from Amazon's storefronts and services. It is fully compatible with the Windows and Mac OSs.

Obviously SACK your current PC Guru  :shakinghead

Go to your local Post Office and buy a copy of your Parish Magazine or one of those trade pamphlets with local trades & services.
You are looking for a computer repair service. There's bound to be one local to you.
Someone who will come to your home ???

Or, look in the Post Office window for a post-card advert.

It shouldn't be hard/difficult to set your computer up and for them to show you which buttons to press.
  :gold-cup

Rather than keep posting on here about your computer problems - go out NOW - today and get it fixed ???

Craig T

Sounds like you have simply forgotten the user name or password to get into Windows. Was it written down anywhere?
You don't need a windows password really, I have none on my home computers. I have passwords on my emails but the computer remembers them so I never have to type them in.

Write them all down and keep them safe somewhere.

Craig.