What did you do with your Series 2 in January ???

Started by Wittsend, Jan 02, 2024, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Holden

Out as the works van just to collect my trailer and to bring a smile to my face

Peter

simonbav

I belt sanded the steering column bulkhead seal plate that I dressed from a piece of .9 zintec between two x inch plywood formers. Saved a bit 'o brass  :cheers
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Peter Holden

Well done, you might get folk asking you to make them one

Peter

simonbav

Quote from: Peter Holden on Jan 14, 2024, 04:52 PMWell done, you might get folk asking you to make them one

Peter

Lol. Thanks Peter. I'm quite willing to lend out the wooden blocks
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Avalon

This was the first major snowfall this winter season.❄️❄️

When I started, the pu cab was - 17 C. After 15 minutes, it was +22 C.

I have the Kodiak heater installed in the Rover. ☃️☃️

Dopey

Sorted out the fitting of both doors, making sure they are squared up

Mr Ed

I continued rebuilding the Differential for my brother's LR,

Today I assembled the ARB lock assembly and I was adjusting BACKLASH. Fun afternoon..

Fun afternoon.. :RHD
Everyday better...
88 Station Wagon 1966
Ex Army

Gareth

I've had a couple of starting problems this week. Starter motor whirring but not engaging, and when it did engage it sounded really bad.

Pulled the starter out this afternoon. Fiddly job, especially as I have a PTO winch and the drive shaft runs below.

Removed front exhaust and alternator to get to the bolts and get it out.

The problem was obvious, the bendix was very greasy and sticky, and the main recoil spring was broken. There is also a lot of lateral play in the shaft.

So a new hi torque starter is to be fitted. Good discount from Paddocks along with forum discount makes it a good deal at the moment.

I'll fit it when it warms up a bit. Bloomin froze my nuts off yesterday!

g6anz

Freezing off the nuts may well be easier than using a spanner :cheers-man
No Worries mate

Peter Holden

Been out playing in the snow this morning

Peter

TimV

Picked up a few tools in the workshop, noticed the end of my finger had gone numb (from the very cold tools), decided to abandon it until it warms up at the weekend. Not looking forward to very cold items with warm damp air around though!

Gareth

Fitted the new hi torque starter, and a new alternator. Freezing cold but did it all. Makes a very different sound to the old one! Alternator is quiet now, and the exhaust must have been blowing at the pipe to manifold joint as it too is quieter.

It's amazing how you get used to all the sounds a Series makes!

Craig T

Had a fun couple of hours on the lathe and milling machine making eight new brake steady posts.

Craig.

TugboatTim

A beautiful arrival in the crate today. Nothing stopping the rebuild now apart from freezing temperatures in the workshop (-6 today) and an owner with long-covid  :shakinghead
The path of my life is strewn with cow pats from the devil's own satanic herd

Exile

If that is an Owen bulkhead, well done. :cheers

I ordered mine and paid the deposit at the end of June, with a six month lead-time.

That expired at the end of December, so I enquired about progress last week - and was told there is a further month's delay.

I am not too bothered as it is too cold for a while to paint-spray it, but I would be interested to know when you ordered yours Tugboat?