What did you do with your Series 2 in January ???

Started by Wittsend, Jan 02, 2024, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry S

Quote from: Alan Drover on Jan 25, 2024, 05:26 PMI see the hasp is like mine at the bottom so it doesn't get in the way when refuelling.

Mine is on the top, but I also pull the neck out when refueling. 

:cheers
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

diffwhine

Quote from: Adam1958 on Jan 25, 2024, 07:24 PMToday, I tried out the parts washer that's been cluttering up the kitchen all these years.

Braver man than me... Did you get caught?

I did and it did not end well...
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Adam1958

Quote from: diffwhine on Jan 25, 2024, 07:28 PM
Quote from: Adam1958 on Jan 25, 2024, 07:24 PMToday, I tried out the parts washer that's been cluttering up the kitchen all these years.

Braver man than me... Did you get caught?

I did and it did not
 end well...

I did get busted actually, she was mostly laughing, asking what kind of dinner I expected to cook in that pan!

Peter Holden

Quote from: Alan Drover on Jan 20, 2024, 09:24 PM
Quote from: Dopey on Jan 20, 2024, 08:56 PMhttps://www.lincon.co.uk/

They make them in the UK to9 fit your battery box, they look great
Like yours the terminals on mine are on the inner wing side of the battery as it's negative earth so the battery has to be turned 180 degrees from the diagram in simonbav's post.
I've got accustomed to AGM maintenance free batteries now.

If your battery terminals are next to the wing make an insulated cover for the battery so that the bonnet stay doesnt touch and short causing a fire or even an explosion - it HAS happened many times

Peter

TimV

We got a new dishwasher, but the old one still worked - all the baskets had gone rusty. So it was put in the workshop, where I used it a couple of times, but it wasn't really effective at cleaning and took up a lot of space. Binned it, treated myself to a bespoke parts washer - far more useful, uses less electricity.

Alan Drover

Thanks Peter. The bonnet stay is well away from the battery terminals. I checked this very carefully when I first  fitted a battery with the terminals nearer the inner wing.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

andyjb

New starter solenoid put in, the old one had started with the dreaded click. A right fiddly job for something so small.Whilst air filter was off drained the old oil gave it a clean and fresh oil in. Noticed the holder was a bit rusty. So wire brushed and rust converter on.

Dopey

Welding on the bulkhead, just a hole a few inches long... about 5in (thanks Paul for the loan of the mig) It's still halve full, and whoever you loaned it to had the wrong size wheel on it and the setting was all wrong  ???

Bonnet-rouge

My parking light arrived in the Bretone outback thanks to daughters weekend visit
The Earth is flat 🌎

Ben2a

Pulling a willow out the ground with ease

Boston109

Fixed the dynamo!

While driving on a very bumpy track recently the ignition light came on and remained so. Did the usual dynamo checks back at home and then decided to pull it out.  Discovered one of the brush springs had slipped off the brush.
1965 2a 109 RHD

Dopey

Just a hole turned out to be a few (but that's Landys for you) will paint in a few weeks..... good enough for me!

simonbav

Quote from: Dopey on Jan 28, 2024, 02:16 PMJust a hole turned out to be a few (but that's Landys for you) will paint in a few weeks..... good enough for me!

Someone introduced me to panel clamps while I repaired my bulkhead. They made a huge difference, together with a copper block behind as a heat sink.
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Mike T

Finally got round to sorting the early petrol gauge it never went up past 3/4, turned out it was hitting the slope on the tank a little bent in the rod and thats another job on my snag list done.

Scotty

Quote from: Bonnet-rouge on Jan 28, 2024, 08:38 AMMy parking light arrived in the Bretone outback thanks to daughters weekend visit
Glad it arrived safely in the suitcase, that's looking good  :cheers Paul