News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Project 1958 S2

Started by Kkwa, Jul 15, 2023, 01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kkwa

3 months ago we dug out a very sad looking 1958 that had been sitting in a field for 30years..

I was missing the original gearbox and engine but still had some sort of charisma..  We decided to built a fresh late S3 box, we took a diesel engine, rebuilt the bottom end, rebuilt a petrol head with stainless, valves, 3 angled seats, ported and polished. Cut for 9.5-1 compression, modified a Holley sniper EFI fuel and ignition system, removed the original fan and mounted a revotec electric fan system. We then rebuilt the entire driveline including a pair of 10spline RRC diffs and freewheeling hubs.  Next up was adding HeyStee powersteering, late S3 brake servo, girling dampers and parabolic springs front and back. All the galvanised parts where redipped, bulkhead stripped down and rust was taken care of..  New doors with galvanised frames, all original bolts where electroplated..  I'm normally a vintage Porsche 911 and Mercedes guy so I choose to have cocomats.com make a set of coco mats in Jalisco pattern for the front, and for the rear I used the original Merbau flooring from an old concerthall and sports arena in Copenhagen.. This is the original floor where The Beatles, Winston Churchill, Rolling Stones and many more has set foot.. But hey guys... talk is cheap.. Let's get down to some pictures...

Serious Series

How many parts of that where actually in the field 3 months ago?

diffwhine

^^^ Even if it was only the left hand rear wheel, I do like the concept. Thats a lot of hard work and  a lot of money spent in three months.

The first image caught me out though until I realised it was reversed. I was wondering if it was an original RHD Swedish model.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon