News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Knowledge Base

Started by Boston109, Jul 15, 2023, 05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boston109

Greetings all.

Having successfully managed the migration to the new forum, I'm having trouble finding topics that I previously used to refer to. Has that knowledge base now been lost; waiting to be rebuilt again in the new forum?

For example, I was reading some great posts on how best to install solid rivets some months ago on the old forum but can't access them now. When I search "solid rivets" on the new forum, I get a big fat zero.

Thank you Wittsend for all of your efforts.  I'm sure it's been a lot of work.

Andrew
1965 2a 109 RHD

Old Hywel

Just above the 'Knowledge Base' heading above, you'll find:
Home, Search, Members,Photo Gallery, Old Forum, S2C Website.

I don't know if it shows on all pages though.

Mycroft

Do you mean 'can I search the old forum' or access the old member-only pages? The answer to both should be yes, but I gather that Alan and the elves are still working on the links - some of us can see 'Old Forum' in the links and some not at the moment.

As a wider point, if you ever come across anything particularly useful on the forum, it's worth downloading it to your computer for future use, rather than relying on forums, servers and so on.
1964 88" Canvas Top ACR Petrol
1979 88" Truck cab Petrol Series III

Boston109

I was able to search the old forum a few days ago and could see the topics come up in my search results, but when any of them were selected; an error message appeared.

I shall remain patient in the hopes the elves are successful and yes, maybe the lesson here is that I should have downloaded them in the past.  Oh well....
1965 2a 109 RHD

Mycroft

Quote from: Boston109 on Jul 15, 2023, 12:01 PMI was able to search the old forum a few days ago and could see the topics come up in my search results, but when any of them were selected; an error message appeared.

I shall remain patient in the hopes the elves are successful and yes, maybe the lesson here is that I should have downloaded them in the past.  Oh well....

I speak as if I am remotely sensible when it comes to these things - like you, I've relied on the old forum and other social media just being 'there' and searchable. A good reminder of the incredibly fragile nature of the information superhighway! What with our first Russian bot attack yesterday too. It'll be fixed - and soon. Of that I'm sure.
1964 88" Canvas Top ACR Petrol
1979 88" Truck cab Petrol Series III

diffwhine

Give it time. We are running out of elves... I keep asking Alan to take them out and shoot them.

Alan and his team are doing a great job working out historical issues. I had a lot bookmarked, so need to do some digging myself on the old forum at some point.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Wittsend

We are working on getting the old forum accessible to all again.

It will become our archive, which you will be able to search, but not post any new comments or material.

You will be able to copy stuff and post it on here.

Sounds an easy job, but it's harder than it looks .....

:snowman

simon1959

Quote from: diffwhine on Jul 15, 2023, 12:09 PMGive it time. We are running out of elves... I keep asking Alan to take them out and shoot them.

Alan and his team are doing a great job working out historical issues. I had a lot bookmarked, so need to do some digging myself on the old forum at some point.
Does shooting some of the elves help motivate the others? A sort of incentive scheme? A bit like that sign that said the beatings will continue until morale improves...

Many thanks all involved for your sterling efforts

diffwhine

Not sure... I find that shooting elves seems to solve most of life's problems.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Old Hywel

Hmm, Old Forum seems to have disappeared since this morning. ???

O7BE16

Wittsend has posted a link in the 'Access to the Old Form' topic -I have just used it ok. (You sometimes have to use the search function a couple of times to get a result)