News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Tutorial

Started by biloxi, Mar 15, 2024, 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biloxi

Was this booklet available overseas or in Australia only?
.W.

diffwhine

I haven't seen it here, so maybe it was unique to the market. They obviously saw fit to explain to people how to make best use of the vehicles. I'm sure there is so egging similar here. We did something like that in North America.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

biloxi

These are some of the other books that were available at the time, all aimed at the recreational 4-wheel drive user.
.W.

Genocache

I've not seen one in the US.

Larry S

Quote from: Genocache on Mar 16, 2024, 12:39 AMI've not seen one in the US.

I haven't either.  The closest thing I'm aware of is the export version of the owner's packet you got when buying a LR.  I have the UK version, but have ever seen the export one.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

diffwhine

We had one in the late 1980s published by Range Rover of North America in Maryland. I have a copy of that booklet, so if I ever get my stuff out of storage, I'll post it on here. It coincided with the launch of Range Rover in North America. Probably a rarity now given that RRoNA became Land Rover North America shortly afterwards and there was a brand problem in that people did not associate the RR as being from the same stable as LR. Same problem Leyland had in the early days of RR here when they had to put a "By Land Rover" sticker on the back. It focuses mainly on trail driving of the Range Rover.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon