News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Boost alloys

Started by seanbont, Jan 02, 2024, 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanbont

Hi all

Happy new year and apologies to any purists.

I was on the look out for a set of modular /wolf wheels but I've been offered a set of black boost alloys. I think they look great but....on a s2?

I have standard length studs.

Do they fit? Has anyone put them on a s2? I've been googling it but can only see images of them on a defender.

Thanks
Sean

simeon

Quote from: seanbont on Jan 02, 2024, 08:31 PMHi all

Happy new year and apologies to any purists.

I was on the look out for a set of modular /wolf wheels but I've been offered a set of black boost alloys. I think they look great but....on a s2?

I have standard length studs.

Do they fit? Has anyone put them on a s2? I've been googling it but can only see images of them on a defender.

Thanks
Sean

They will only fit if you use 30mm wheel spacers and leave off the centre caps, if you have front free wheel hubs then they won't fit. (unless you have access to a big lathe).

:cheers-man

Alan Drover

I wouldn't bother with them.  There are more suitable wheels and Wolf wheels can be used without longer wheelstuds as the military never bothered with longer studs when they fitted Wolf wheels.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

seanbont

Thanks for the advice.
I'll go with wolf wheels.

Craig T

The alloys do use a different wheel nut as well that tighten up on a flat face rather than a taper seat. Pretty sure these wheel nuts are found only in the later, larger metric thread stud sizes.

And they don't fit over the hub as mentioned above.

I think they would look pretty good myself but only in silver, I hate black wheels...

Craig.