News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Some basics

Started by Wittsend, Jul 05, 2023, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradfordS2

Hello, just signed up to the new new forum, all seems to be working ok so far! Thanks to all involved, I wouldn't know where to start!

Member 1047

Space-Kook

Hey Alan,

Membership number 8296.
If you ever need extra hardware I have a few spare servers sitting idle at the moment.

Cheers for your hard work,
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Wittsend

Thanks for the offer, but where we're going we don't need servers.

Our recent forum move has put all our stuff in the cloud, we are using a VM server  :gold-cup

lambretta

Hello From Oz!  Just signed up again, having set one of these forum up in the past you deserve some type of medal - it's a steep learning curve.

Member # 7966

LRTR

Hi Alan,

Member # 7708

Thanks

Exile

Quote from: lambretta on Jul 10, 2023, 03:01 PMHello From Oz!  Just signed up again, having set one of these forum up in the past you deserve some type of medal - it's a steep learning curve.

Member # 7966

With that username and Avatar, you must be a man after my own heart.

Landyowner11

Hi Alan,

My membership number is 3786  :hinges

Cheers

Herald1360

Been away for a few days and missed most of the hoohah!

Anyway I'm 5979.

Cheers

Chris

AlbaTiVo

Hi Alan,

Member number 7649.

All the best!

Steven

Theshed

Well I've just introduced myself somewhere else on the forum and then got lost  :nixweiss
I intended to edit my post to ask is this 'VM server'any relation to an old Italian Diesel ?
But I couldn't so I never.  :thud
Paul 33
Sure I will get the hang of it.  :RHD

diffwhine

Mentioning the VM in front of me is a sure fire way to get excommunicated. The therapy is sort of working, but I've needed a lot of it to get over the pain of working on that boat engine...  :cheers
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Theshed

Quote from: diffwhine on Jul 11, 2023, 06:23 PMMentioning the VM in front of me is a sure fire way to get excommunicated. The therapy is sort of working, but I've needed a lot of it to get over the pain of working on that boat engine...  :cheers
😁 Having driven Iveco vans with that engine I thought it would be a good fit for the RangeRover. Wrong !
The Iveco beat the Transits we had at that time hands down. What could possibly go wrong . . .

StuartC2

Hi Alan
Member no. 8159
Stuart

neddy

Membership number 99
1962 swb 2A
Talyllyn Railway enthusiast