What did you do with your Series 2 in July ...

Started by Wittsend, Jul 05, 2023, 11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Holden

Our garden was left during the time that we were looking after mother in law and we are trying to get it back to some kind of order so lots of cutting down and digging up and it all has to go to the tip.  It is a good excuse to keep driving the land rover, every day if possible.

Peter

g6anz

It got a new MOT. :)
Two advisories: oil leaks (no surprises) and a sticky rear brake. This will be investigated ASAP
No Worries mate

Wittsend

Oil leaks are good - means it's got oil in it  :mot

Hercules

Frontend Friday Saturday for Hercules, literally; new wings, new bonnet, wheel carrier and wheel planted, steering relay fixed, windscreen panels resealed & we got an MOT !!
Big thanks to Diffwhine, Mike Rivett & Eddie for the introductions. Happy Land Rovering Everybody

[attach id=313]Hercules July23.jpeg

Malcolm R

Started fitting my custom wiring loom. Been a bit of a mess deciding where things will live. Now wondering if perhaps I've added too many extra features  :thud

Dopey

Someone knocked on the door this afternoon, wanted to buy the Landy lol

jkhackney

I adjusted the exhaust valve clearances on the Dormobile yesterday after having replaced the camshaft in November 2021. I had left the clearances a bit bigger than .010 just to make sure the valves closed, but it was noisy. However I found the exhaust manifold nuts a bit loose and some soot was on the gasket, so maybe the noise was an exhaust leak ... anyway after cleaning the gasket and careful re-assembly it should all be quieter now.

1949KC

After dragging my vintage Rice Livestock trailer out of storage a few days ago, this morning, I helped my Son move some furniture to his new house.

Alan Drover

That would be a good photo for the competition.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Eskvalleyboy

RobS

Started to fit my Heystee rear disc brake kit  :pedal

cswagon

Quote from: Malcolm R on Jul 08, 2023, 08:26 PMStarted fitting my custom wiring loom. Been a bit of a mess deciding where things will live. Now wondering if perhaps I've added too many extra features  :thud
I intend to make my own loom on my latest project and just wondered what you were going to use to wrap yours where it is on show please.
Thank you.
Graham.
1971 Ser 11A 109 SW (flat packed) (now being driven daily)                                                         

1972 Ser 111 109 van (daily driver)...SOLD

Saga lout.

Herald1360

Drove round some soggy bits of Wales, then hooked it up to the Puck and drove home from Talybont on Usk via Abergavenny and Hereford.

simon1959

Paul4978

Commuted to work in S2A 3 days this week. Smiling again