What did you do with your Series 2 in July ...

Started by Wittsend, Jul 05, 2023, 11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm R

Quote from: cswagon on Jul 10, 2023, 07:03 PM
Quote from: Malcolm R on Jul 08, 2023, 08:26 PMStarted fitting my custom wiring loom. Been a bit of a mess deciding where things will live. Now wondering if perhaps I've added too many extra features  :thud
I intend to make my own loom on my latest project and just wondered what you were going to use to wrap yours where it is on show please.
Thank you.
Graham.
On the engine side of the bulkhead I'll be using expandable braided sleeving and heat shrink to keep all the wires together and cover them up.for other places needing a bit more protection I've bought some different sizes of pvc sleeving and I'll use glue lined heat shrink as well to waterproof it

cswagon

1971 Ser 11A 109 SW (flat packed) (now being driven daily)                                                         

1972 Ser 111 109 van (daily driver)...SOLD

Saga lout.

Peter Holden

I am giving it a good wash, polish and clean out as it is being used as prom transport tonight

Peter

gromet

Traveled down to Sixpenny Handley for a weekend camp and laning I would put up a picture but can't seem to figure out how on this new forum?
swb truck cab  gromet
swb soft top bumble

diffwhine

If you click on reply, rather than using the quick reply function, you will see a "Click or drag files here to attach them" box. Click on that and add your images as before. Just remember to keep the file sizes low or the system will reject them.

Note that this is not a Series 2 Club event, but I hope those attending have an enjoyable weekend.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Wittsend

Just drag your image from the desktop into the forum image box - you'll see a green plus when the image in in the right place for dropping. You can practice in the Forum test Area.

Hopeydaze

MOT passed first time without any advisories. This was a surprise because due to a complicated house move I've not taken a wheel off for 2 years to check things like the brakes. I told the garage they could replace any part of the brake system they were concerned about.
They are replacing the clutch cylinders and flexy line because the clutch resovoir was empty until I topped it up to drive to the garage.
1964 SWB SW. Sold by Land Rover New York, I purchased it in West Virginia, when I lived in the US, brought back to England in 2001

Peter Holden

Duty done as prom carriage, it made me give it a good clean and an excuse to take the roof off

Ed

Refitted the bonnet after tidying up the soundproofing and hammeriteing the framework

Peter Holden

Took a spare set of injectors to be serviced today, just an excuse to drive YOD with its newly serviced injectors.  It is so different to drive.

Peter

GHOBHW

went and picked up some bits, got a really nice fuel tank and some NOS county shock absorbers, dated 1993. + other bits. not bad for £30

last picture is where they came from in the 90s, if anyone remembers or it brings back memories :RHD

Peter Holden

Started putting all the rubbish (I means spare parts and emmergency gear that I normally carry) back in after it was cleaned out for use as a prom carriage, Tightened up the drivers side top door hinge as there seemed to be a lot of play and then gave the spreadbore block a good looking at in preaparation for painting but rained off

Peter

jeichhorst

Finally back on the road after some major work. Installed new clutch, rebuilt gearbox and T/C, both rear half shafts and a new CB master cylinder. Surprisingly the job of bleeding the brakes went very well.
Jeff
You cannot view this attachment.

Mike T

Finally the Last of the seals fitted, including fitting the tread plates with solid rivets on the tailgate. Must say thank you to Craig for superb  write up in Built to last on fitting seals and Mark (Diffwhine).

diffwhine

Looks great Mike!
I bet your neighbours loved you with all the rivet bashing!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon