News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

E5 Disappearing?

Started by Worf, Mar 09, 2024, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

S3Ned

Aspen 2 for 2 stroke tools like chainsaw etc. Bit spendy but cleaner than pump juice. Don't buy off ebay as they charge a fortune, try a local garden machinery suppliers and it's £24.00 for 5 litres. 7 year shelf life and the Aspen 4 is good for petrol stoves.

w3526602

Hi,

I'm guessing that modern petrol is designed for modern cars. But how are the Third World based petrol cars managing?

Early-1960s BMC Mini-VANS were fitted with a special distributor, as were Mini CARS destined for Third World countries, where only low grade petrol was available. I suspect the variation was in the vacuum advance diaphragm, to give a bigger retard when under power.

Will a MINI vacuum unit fit a Series distributor?

I used to "advance the nuts" of my 1959 Mini van, and run on 5 star. The Officer informed me that he'd clocked me at 80mph, when commercial vehicles were restricted to 40mph. I was 40mph over the limit?

I anticipated the worst... so pleaded NOT GUILTY, as my van was fitted with passenger seats in the rear, and was then liable for Purchase Tax. The Clerk of the Court checked his copy of the RTAs. to find that I needed both windows AND seats. I was relying FINANCE ACT which required Purchase Tax to be paid if EITHER windows OR rear seats were fitted.

HM Customs & Revenue demanded £26 Purchase Tax when I did get round to cutting holes and fitting windows.

The Beaks apologised for having to endorse my licence.

I believe the Commercial speed limit is NOW 50mph (Anybody?) but 4X4 vans are not so restricted.