September's PoM competition

Started by Wittsend, Sep 01, 2023, 08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

A new month ...

Post your entires here.

From the bad old days ....

:oil-spill

Not quite in keeping with dig for victory and potatoe pete.

diffwhine

Resting, but not for long... We might rebuild it...You cannot view this attachment.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Gordon Lowe

Quote from: diffwhine on Sep 01, 2023, 06:00 PMResting, but not for long... We might rebuild it...You cannot view this attachment.
Is that even a land rover.  It's a land rover tub but not sure about the rest  :confused

diffwhine

Yup - it is Gordon! Its an 88 with a widened cab and bulkhead. We think its an old BEA baggage loader conveyor. I started another thread on it. Main bits missing are front axle, engine, radiator bulkhead and LH wing.

Definitely a Land Rover! I know - I spent 2 hours wading about in shoulder high nettles to get at it.

Why was it widened, and how many more could it accommodate over standard given the 'santa sleigh' seat.

Side mounted read seat/s?

Surely bags were on a trailer or separate vehicle so this was for people only.

Condition not dissimilar to the recovery vehicle in front of the rally site in matlock.

diffwhine

I'm pretty sure it was a baggage conveyor. That would mean lowering the conveyor to move it about and for stowage. To keep the centre of gravity right, it makes sense to centralise the conveyor rather than put it to one side. Therefore the bulkhead and cab area has been widened by something like 4-5" each side.

I've never seen one on a LR before and I spent hours last night trawling the interwebbything and came up with nothing.

A weird one, but very interesting. 

When I search BEA Land Rovers it came up with a picture of a 109 station wagon along side a plane, that I assume would be for crew or VIP's.

O7BE16

This type of Aircraft Loader is shown in 'Land Rover Series II and IIA Specification Guide' by James Taylor

Produced by Precision Engineering Products (Suffolk) Ltd.

Adam1958

Been pottering around the lanes near temple guilting today.

Jeff

The Trough of Bowland, that bumper is straight must be the angle of the shot!
Jeff

1971 Series 2a
ex Defender Td5
Ex Defender 300 Tdi
Ex D4
Ex D3
Ex 1969 Series 2a

Adam1958

Broadway train station for a peep at the ironwork.

Ben2a

Brampton plough day 2023 today ( not mine )

Alan Drover

I used to drive one when doing harvest work on the farm in my holiday. It helped to keep the clapped out automobilia I owned on the road.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Local tug of war teams used to train using a 45gallon drum filled with concrete, for warm up, then they added fordson cast front wheels one at a time.

Must have worked based on the silverware they won year on year.