News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

September's PoM competition

Started by Wittsend, Sep 01, 2023, 08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herald1360

Quote from: Jeff on Sep 03, 2023, 03:37 PMThe Trough of Bowland, that bumper is straight must be the angle of the shot!

I do hope no "Maltese Crosses" were harmed to get that 4-lamp setup! :teacher

Jeff

Definitely not.  Fitted to sides with pipe fittings so that grill can be removed without touching the lights :cool
Jeff

1971 Series 2a
ex Defender Td5
Ex Defender 300 Tdi
Ex D4
Ex D3
Ex 1969 Series 2a

Domeheadrivet

Thought I'd offer up a photo from our trip to Iceland this July.
1966 Series 2a 88" LHD Station Wagon

Gordon Lowe

Space-Kook

Do the pics have to be taken in September, or would an older photo do?
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

109+1

diffwhine

Quote from: Space-Kook on Sep 14, 2023, 12:46 PMDo the pics have to be taken in September, or would an older photo do?

Really they should be recent within the current month. If not it sort of becomes an anything goes out of control exercise.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

diffwhine

I'm sure there are quite a few where we would never know how old they are. Its probably not a good idea to send in a picture of a LR in a Bluebell wood in September... You might get rumbled!

Beowulf

Quote from: diffwhine on Sep 14, 2023, 01:04 PMI'm sure there are quite a few where we would never know how old they are. Its probably not a good idea to send in a picture of a LR in a Bluebell wood in September... You might get rumbled!
That reminds me of an episode of Bangers & Cash, when, towards the end of the programme and chasing up on a sale, we were shown the happy new owners out for a drive in their new purchase. It was raining and the director or camera operator (not the programme narrator) made a cheap jibe about going for a drive in our "Great British summer". These oft repeated cheap digs at our summer weather really P me off.

However, those incredibly funny people at B&C had failed to edit out the shots of daffodils. Not so funny now eh Mr Director  :neener   :))
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

Gareth

Weekend in Powys. Penygarreg dam over flowing.

diffwhine

Lovely photo.
Does give you some idea of the forces of water and what those poor people in Derna went through.

jeichhorst

Smokey September Sunday

Low cloud and smoke from wild fires hundreds of kilometers away.

Space-Kook

Roadless.
Bonus gif of every s2 at the RS and Dunsfold today.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Beowulf

Clicking on the green one ^^^, I see a slideshow kind of thing, except its blooming quick, too quick to see, makes my eyes go all  :confused
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

109+1

First time in daylight for 13 years, off to New owner.