News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Anybody had any issues with LR Series in York

Started by diffwhine, Nov 20, 2023, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diffwhine

A friend has been having problems getting help with an issue over some parts supplied by LR Series. Has anybody had any issues with them? He has had no response to calls or emails.

I don't actually know anything about them. Anybody know who they are?
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

fv1620

Bit of a connection L.R. Series Ltd

Director: Dominic Cyril Blanchard

Director: Peter Arthur Blanchard

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07000590/officers
Clive Elliott

Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.

diffwhine

Thanks Clive,
That is interesting. I've always had nothing but top service from Blanchards, so if there is a connection, lets hope this is a one off blip.

fv1620

I have always had top service from Blanchards. Not had reason to do much with LR Series, although a year or two ago I bought a brand new unissued cover for the top of a radio mast from LR Series. It was fairly used & not as described, but it was the only one they had. But got an apology, full refund including return postage. So just a mistake, it hasn't put me off using them again if the need arose.
Clive Elliott

Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Not for a while, bought quite a bit from them in the past. No issues.

diffwhine

Billy

I have delt with them quite a bit over the years. Last time was with regards to a replacement dynamo. The thing they sent had the "B"? terminal mounted on the outside of the body directly below and almost touching the exhaust manifold. They said they would not offer refund until manufacturer/supplier said not suitable. After this was confirmed, money was refunded but not the postage because their accountancy system did not allow it. :thud
Bill

diffwhine

Thanks for this. I cannot believe that a retailer has not got the capacity to refund carriage on faulty goods. There has to be something in law about that. I think we are just very disappointed that their sister company provides exemplary service and is one of my key go to outlets and yet they don't appear to run to quite the same high standards. They have now refunded my friend's purchase although I'm not sure about carriage. I'll ask...

Noddy

Suggest reading this https://www.lawdonut.co.uk/business/marketing-and-selling/distance-and-online-selling/distance-selling-what-the-law-says
If goods are faulty or not as described then inform the seller and make them available for collection it is not up to you to pay the cost of returning goods it is up to the seller to collect them. Also with distance selling you have 14 days from receiving the goods to change your mind and the seller must inform you at the point of sale their returns policy as to who pays.

Alec