News:

Happy Star Wars Day   ... 

Main Menu

2 Land Rover mystery parts...... help

Started by island dormy, Feb 14, 2024, 04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

island dormy

Hi Guys

Does anybody have any idea where these parts would go?
I am sure they are landrover related, possibly off the 69 Nada?
  Thanks  Victor
1962 Dormobile in the family since 1964
1969 NADA Dormobile 2.6L #800 out of 811 NADAS built

Craig T

Is the top one an interior mirror mounting bracket?

Craig.

andyjb

Bottom one looks like part of an exhaust bracket.

Talullah

Could the bottom one be a horn bracket for the old Clearhooter horn.

Larry S

First pic is of the mirror mounts.  Kinda sorta looks like the one with the arrow, but I don't think it's that.

Second pic shows part B, bulkhead mount for brake lines.  I've been told I mounted the lines wrong, but it works for me.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

GHOBHW

never seen that bulkhead mount/brake mount in my entire life, must be a north america thing? ???

Larry S

Quote from: GHOBHW on Feb 15, 2024, 03:41 AMnever seen that bulkhead mount/brake mount in my entire life, must be a north america thing? ???

No clue.  It was installed this way in mine when I got it. I was told the lines go on the other side though.  However - there was nothing attached to that bracket back then other than a yoke shaped clamp.  When I first got Grover the brake lines didn't follow the pattern in the manual.

Genocache

Pretty sure Larry is correct; A is the mirror mount, the large holes go under the windscreen at the 2 center bolts with the 2 small hole pointed to the rear and down. B is the brake line bracket.

island dormy

Hi

A is the mirror mount for the 69 for sure, thanks. I checked some photos of when I first got the rover 6 years ago and can just make it out.
The 62 does not have that bracket the mirror gets screwed directly to the windscreen frame.

B ????? I do not think its the horn mount I think those are kind of triangle shaped?
          Maybe part of a muffler clamp?
          Maybe a brake line bracket?
          Maybe a fuel line bracket I kind of  maybe remember something like that near the frame near the left side footwell
          possibly holding the fuel line to the body?

Keep your guesses coming.

Victor

Larry S

Here are a couple of the 'before' pics I took of Grover almost 20 years ago, before phone cameras were as good as they are now.  So apologies for the blurriness. I do have better pics somewhere though.

What you really can't see in the pic is the old line remnants still attached to the backside.  A previous owner cut the lines and left the little nubs attached and then rerouted new lines.

Perhaps it's a NA/US thing.  I haven't checked my early '60s parts book to check yet.

Cheers!
Larry

island dormy

Hi Larry

Thanks maybe some rovers mounted the brake lines like that but I dont think that's it for mine.
Both of mine have the brake and clutch lines secured to the  firewall with small clamps.

Victor

island dormy

Hi Guys

Larry was correct about the brake line bracket. I was at a friends place yesterday he is replacing the engine and the bracket holding the brake lines was right there. His is a 1959.

I have no clue where I got this bracket from but its a left over part now, maybe it came with the box of spares when I got the Nada 5 years ago? The brake master had been replaced before I got it along with the line to the brake booster mounted down by the battery tray.

Victor

Gareth

Part B looks like it could be the centre rope cleat from a drop down tailgate. Someone maybe drilled a hole in it?