News:

Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

2a Light Weight seat base. Query

Started by Seanlandy, Apr 11, 2024, 03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanlandy

Now we have finally got a decent day, I thought I would mess with the LE. The previous owner said he had mullered the seat box. Apart from one end it seems ok minus a few clasps. Does this look right or has is been changed for different covers please?

Space-Kook

They look to be right, but there should be two 'rails' on the underside of each base, not four, and they should be positioned with an offset.
You can compare them to the diagrams on the site by Dave McCarthy
http://www.land-rover-lightweight.co.uk/Seats.html

I also happened to message a guy the other day who said:
"The originals lids  Ex-Solihull were spot-welded, as weare early supplied for spares. The pop-riveted were genuine spares supplied by Unipart who had the contract (part of same empire) , these normally have a beige primer ,  IIRC original spares were in DBG finish but I think most in bare alloy as were some pop-riveted..  The pop-riveted were probably manuf. after  LWT production ceased - not economic to spot-weld in smaller quantity"
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Seanlandy

Brill. Thanks for the link. I shall have a better look when the kids give me my laptop back.
Interestingly, the passenger side has the two rails and is offset, but only the centre has the locating tab at the rear. As per photos