News:

Happy Star Wars Day   ... 

Main Menu

237 engine

Started by discostu, Aug 26, 2023, 07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discostu

A friend of mine has a 237 engine and I am looking for more information about it, I know the 236's are for the S2 lightweight but I cannot find any information regarding this particular number.
It would appear to be an ex 24v engine (even though it is a civilian motor).
I've had a look on Glendoyne's website which I always go to for this information but it's not listed and a google search shows up relatively little information too, so I was wondering if anyone had any information on this particular number engine?

109+1

Just had a quick goggle engine 237 3 main bearing 2 1/4 petrol  7.1 compression 1982 onwards.

Alan Drover

Surely an engine that late would be a 5 main bearing.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

O7BE16

I believe 237 engines are 8.1 compression 3 bearing engines fitted in FFR Series 2A Lightweights. I have a spare 237 block if anybody is interested!

discostu

Quote from: O7BE16 on Aug 26, 2023, 07:31 PMI believe 237 engines are 8.1 compression 3 bearing engines fitted in FFR Series 2A Lightweights. I have a spare 237 block if anybody is interested!
That's great information, thank you very much!

Worf

I remember, many moons ago, going on a guided tour of the factory making the 2.25 engines. There were 2 production lines running, one for 3MB and one for 5MB. By that time, we were told, that all the 3MB were for the military as they continued to use them long after the 5MB was in production. Probably due to non interchangeability on some parts ??? I seem to remember that the different blocks were painted different colours to differentiate between them.
"If tha knows nowt, say nowt an appen nob'dy 'll notice."