News:

Happy Star Wars Day   ... 

Main Menu

109 spare wheel bracket

Started by Bigdog, Sep 15, 2023, 07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdog

Hi, is this the bracket that the spare wheel would be mounted to on a 109, thanks

Twomokes

No, on a 109 the spare wheel would be in a wheel well on the side, although I I remember correctly on MOD vehicles the wheel was mounted ion the bonnet.
The old days are the old days only because there're gone and won't be back.

NoBeardNoTopKnot

My 109 DID have a spare fixing there. Original LR item. Twas a pain, and didn't want stowage to the wheel-well or the bonnet.

Sigh, may as well get it over with...

I'll check later. I could be some time

[Ad infinitum.]

"On the bonnet?...  no you fool, off the bonnet?"
"Off the bonnet?...  don't be silly on the bonnet?"
"On the bonnet?... 

Genocache

Quote from: NoBeardNoTopKnot on Sep 16, 2023, 12:13 AMMy 109 DID have a spare fixing there. Original LR item. Twas a pain, and didn't want stowage to the wheel-well or the bonnet.

Sigh, may as well get it over with...

I'll check later. I could be some time

[Ad infinitum.]

"On the bonnet?...  no you fool, off the bonnet?"
"Off the bonnet?...  don't be silly on the bonnet?"
"On the bonnet?... 

NoBonnettNoTopknot.....

Bigdog

I think I am sorted now, thanks

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Quote from: Genocache on Sep 16, 2023, 05:48 PMNoBonnettNoTopknot.....

Nearly missed that. Very good.

Careful... we'll start 'em going. Thought I'd dodged the 'carb-thread bullet' days back. Not a chance.

Did you want your carb on the bonnet, or off?

109+1

As yous is a late vehicle not sure what the correct bonnet mount would be either the standard galvanised civilian version normally painted or like on later vehicles and strap and buffers

109+1

Here's another one came off ex military you can make out the green paint, you would need the longer z clips as the ones shown are for swb.

Peter Holden

I thought the strap and buffers was a military thing

Peter

109+1

Yes and he has a ex military 109

Bigdog

Hi Steve, yes I think the strap one as per first picture, can you please message me costs, this is my bonnet might just be able to make out what was on before, thanks