News:

Dance Like a Chicken Day   ... 

Main Menu

What's happening with Heystee?

Started by ChiefBeard, Jul 30, 2023, 07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefBeard

What's happening with Heystee? Their site is still out for the count.

https://heystee-automotive.nl

https://heystee-automotive.com

I ask because it was mentioned on the old forum - Can't seem to be able to get the search function - 'on the old' - to shunt for me. My memory says someone amongst our brethren - if I have it correct? -  threatened to be an importer or their UK contact? 

I'm in the market for yet another one of their kits. I know there's others, I know there's cheaper. As far as I know they're the only outfit to make brake conversions for stock rims?

N

RobS on the old forum was a distributor but has since stopped. If he's on here he may be able to advise best way to contact them. They have gotten a lot more expensive to import compared to a couple of years ago.

ChiefBeard

RobS, that's the bloke. Thanks for that. Heystee was good, never was cheap! I've PMed RobS.

In this life we can have good, cheap or quick. Can't think of too many instances which deliver more than two of those at the same time.

N

Yep, I have heystee disc conversion on my 88, and a power steering system from them ready to install. I think they are the best available over here. The forbyn disc conversion seems much better, but it's astronomical to buy and import to the UK.
http://www.forbynbros.com/disc-brake-conversion-kits/

ChiefBeard

Wasn't aware of Forbyn. Thank you. Jeez, I wasn't expecting cheap, only USD3000, even their side of the pond makes for a lot. Reckon the front kit would ring-in at about £3200 UK landed.

Import VAT + Courier + Courier Admin + Import Duty.

Runs stock rims which is nice, only too rich for me.

If you can get one, run your Heystee PAS off the pump found on a 2.5 N/A with two-slot/groove pulley. Slaps straight on LR 4 pot 5MB lumps. Think 3MB too. Be picky about the fluid, unless they've changed things, uses vegetable grade.

N

I got a V8 in mine so I can run it off the standard rover pump. However, as it happens I think I'm more likely to just sell the whole PAS kit on as I've not really found the need for it now that I am running more road biased Michelin tyres.

RobS

Hi All.

Yes I did import Heystee gear but I'm retiring at the end of the year so I've stopped importing. The biggest problem Heystee faces is finding someone to cast his components, he got badly burnt when the Ukraine war broke out as the foundry he selected had a satellite operation in Ukraine which gave him problems in getting finished material out plus when it eventually arrived the majority of the casting were scrap due to porosity. I've not been in contact with him for well over 6 months and still see that the majority of kits are still out of stock. I only really communicated by email but even for me that was slow. I will try one last time to see if I get a reply.

As for Forbyn the one thing I do not like is having the swivel housing made of aluminium, that why I always kept with Heystee.

I've now fitted a full disc brake system to George, I had always planned to do this as he was always a demonstration vehicle, the full kit is just perfect for me but not for everyone. If Heystee does managed to sort his problems out I have already arranged for a replacement for my company to take over the agency but until I feel confident he's back on form then I will hold off on the introduction.

That's about it from me.

Thanks
RobS       

109+1

I have a pair of rocky mountain disc brakes brand new that I am going to put up for sale if you are interested.

109+1

Just posted them in the for sale section.