News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Couriers again Fedex this time

Started by Peter Holden, Aug 02, 2023, 09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Holden

A real rant

On Monday I ordered 10L of engine oil via ebay for next day delivery (the price was helped by a 10% discount).  The reason for choosing this seller was the next day bit and this is not a complaint against them.

They shupped it via Fedex and I got a Fedex email yesterday to say it would be delivered between 8.50 and 12.50.  We waited in all day then in the afternoo I got another email to say that it had been delayed.No further messages from them but I went on their tracker this morning and it says shipment refused by recipient, this is not true, it never came to our house.

I have tried to contact the local Fedex hub but unfortunately there is no phone number, I have used their contact system to send a messag and so far no reply.  I have contacted the enbay seller also and no reply from them either.

I dont like it when folk tell lies about me, it never arrived here and I didnt reject it

Peter

Wittsend

It's not you - it's the delivery driver going to the wrong address  :ranting
Whether you'll get it back is anyone's guess. You have to raise hell with the supplier. The couriers deliberately hide their contact details and make it hard for you.
Your contract of sale is with the supplier.

10L is a small volume for a Land Rover owner.

I buy from Smith & Allan (with club discount and it's next day) in large drums .... 

:oil-spill

Bloke

I've had this happen a few times, but not with Fedex, with DX, who are absolutely hopeless. Oddly I've usually had good experience with FedEx, and they seem to be Paddock's courier of choice.

Tom
1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (My Dad's)

Wittsend

Down to the drivers - and their total reliance on Sat Navs  :shakinghead

scotty38

I must admit I've had the "refused", "nobody in" excuses but never considered they tried to deliver elsewhere and always assumed it was one of the standard reasons excuses they had. Don't ever recall the package not coming the next day though.

We live on a 3 mile length of lane and we are the only house that's on the roadside, the other two are up long drives. Earlier this year one end was closed for roadworks which meant a bit of a detour and as I'd ordered something I supplied the detail etc for getting to me. On the day I received a text message saying "you're next" and on the live tracking map I saw the driver approach the roadworks turn round and drive off. 5 minutes later I got a "customer not in" message...

Still Wittsend's little helper.....

diffwhine

Unfortunately this is what happens when couriers rely on zero hours contracts and place unachievable delivery targets on their delivery drivers. Customer service and going the extra mile just goes out the window.

I have a Nigerian friend who drives for one of the big name (reputable couriers) near where I used to live. He said that if he had to stop and search for every address which is not properly named or numbered down every rural road, and get a signature and photograph of every package, he would only deliver 50% of what he has to get through.

His argument is that most of us want free delivery and then get upset when the carriers don't pay the drivers enough to do the job properly. As ever, I think we are reaping what we have sown.

As an aside, you would not believe the abuse (racial and otherwise) he gets for delays or mistakes - 99% of which I'm sure are not of his making.

I want to blame the delivery drivers, but under those conditions, can you really blame them?
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Wittsend

As you say, it's more the constraints & targets the companies put upon their drivers  :shakinghead

They all seem to play knock down ginger. Ring the bell and drive off faster than Lewis Hamilton (which to be fair is not that fast these days).

I think if I sat all day by the front door, I'd still miss them and be marked down as "not in"  :thud

Kaney

I have 5 litres of Exol classic 20/50 if you want me to pop round with it

scotty38

Agreed and for my example I provided all the info they needed to be able to accommodate the route change in their plans but of course it was ignored and clearly not the driver's fault in that regard.
Still Wittsend's little helper.....

Peter Holden

Peter, I need a bit more than that, I can go to Halfrauds, they have their classic 20/50 in stock at my local branch and I have a trade card.  I will also try ADL motor factors in Horwich.  I did it online for the convenience more than anything

Peter

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Quote from: diffwhine on Aug 02, 2023, 11:36 AM....most of us want free delivery.......I think we are reaping what we have sown.

blame the delivery drivers, but under those conditions, can you really blame them?

Quotea 3 mile length of lane and we are the only house that's on the roadside, the other two are up long drives.

Somebody sees the driver's side.

Peter Holden

Our hous is easy to find, I was outside the front of the house all day working on the land rover, I got an Amazon delivery no problem, He just never came past. WE have quite a few deliveries

Peter

Peter Holden

Alan, I only ordered 10L because I have some in stock plus we have 3 vehicles, each takes a different grade of engine and gear oil and I dont have the space to keep too much stock, perhaps when the spreadbore enfine is built and fitted and the associated gearbox and bellhousing parts have gone I might have a bit more sppace always supposing no2 son collects his compressor and welder that are cluttering up the garage.

Update, Wednesday moring I emailed Fedex, got a reply from the complaints department in the afternoon saying that someone would email me within the hour - no email in fact no contact at all.  Rang the seller who was most apologetic, they were going to chase up Fedex to try to get it delivered today.  That is not happening.  I have had another email from the complaints department grovelling again with a promise of someone contacting, still not happened but an normal email to say that will be delicvered tomorrow morning.  I have replied to the email from the complaints department saying that i wait with baited breath for the delivery and that I hope they will reimbuse the seller as they paid for next day delivery not 4 day delivery.  I attach a screendump of the latest tracking page

Peter

Peter Holden

More promises and lies from Fedex yesterday and today, groveling apology from head office but no explanation promise of delivery yesterday and today but no show, they are now saying Monday.  Promis of contact from support before 1700 hrs today, of course that hasnt happened What a shower. I am incandescent and i let them know in no uncertain terms.  I have contacted ebay and asked for a refund an i will be going to halfrauds to buy some of their classic 20w50.  I want to change the oil and filter before the rally!!

Peter

Davidss

I had some non LR items delivered today, Friday 4th.
The first DPD text said my driver 'Dac' would deliver between 12.18 and 13.18 on the 3rd.
Next DPD text apologised for missing me, but that 'we' would be back on Friday 4th.
The next DPD text said driver 'Mark' would deliver between 09.23 and 10.23 on Friday.
His smiling face appeared around 09.30.

He volunteered that he had 19 - 20 of Dac's parcels to deliver, that Dac was an agency driver, and that if Mark had an 'unable to deliver' situation he would take a photo of the house nameplate to show he had at least found the address, we suspected Dac had not tried to find it.

What does this prove?
I'm not sure, perhaps that while some drivers don't do a very good job, some managers are even worse because they fail to manage the problem.

Regards.