News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Tour de France

Started by lenht, Jul 21, 2023, 03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenht

Just watching the Tour de France on the TV when I saw a nice Series 2 at the side of the road with the tour having 95.5 km to go to the finish :cool

Richard

Et le voilà, as they say in France... And the camera doesn't even zoom in on it, as if it isn't even there, unbelievable, they just haven't got their priorities right...
Richard
'64 S2a

Wittsend

B*****r I missed that ... must have popped out for some grub. I've been following the tour most days  :gold-cup

Richard

I found it on the live coverage of the NOS, the Dutch BBC, but you'll need a VPN with a server in the Netherlands to trick the website into think you're in Holland... I use Proton VPN to that end. They offer a free option.
Richard
'64 S2a

Wittsend

I'm watching it on Eurosport  :cheers-man

Genocache

I haven't watched today stage yet, it's only 9am. I have seen a couple of 90's this year. Over the years not any Series.  I watch on NBC coverage its about 25-30min on youtube so I doubt I'll see this one. Good find! :cheers

TimV

Used to be on Channel 4 in the UK, nowadays on ITV4 (on Freeview). Also on ITVX - so possible to watch on catch-up.

Genocache

The S2 wasn't in my feed, should I write NBC and complain?

Richard

Quote from: Genocache on Jul 22, 2023, 12:03 AMThe S2 wasn't in my feed, should I write NBC and complain?
Sue 'em, sue 'em now!
:cool
Richard
'64 S2a

Dormy

That S2 should be easy for our French members to identify with it having those extra 'Bug-eye' headlights in the wings.

Quelqu'un sait ?
"I'm sorry for the man who hears the pipes, and who wisnae born in Scotland."

Distinctive, is it a proper 'bug eye' or a diy retro fit.

Good to know there are numerous cyclists on the forum.

I am stuck with ITV4, they I think buy the feed from french tv, not sure who.

I have been watching since the days of lemond, fignon, delgardo.

Back when it was liggett and sherwin on c4 and imlach was their young protégée.

One of my favourite riders never to have won the tdf was gianni bugno.

Genocache

I used to work in a bike shop in the early 80's, did my AS (Associates of Science) thesis on designing/building a recumbent bike. I have to claim a preference for Lemond who I met at a shindig with Ligget. I watch mostly on Youtube, CX, Mtb and any of the one days and Tours I can catch. My favorite race has to be the Cape Epic! :gold-cup

I too worked in bike shop.  I have a GAN team issue lemond in the shed.

I did some research on frame building and materials in particular jointing methods, specifically heat affected zones and their effects on final frame performance.

Cycle spectating can be arduous and boring as can some coverage.  Basically the rides have to wear themselves down prior to having a final romp.  That said this years tdf I have found to be great viewing an until tadej cracked not a foregone conclusion.

I do find mtb and cx good to watch.  Pidcock who rides for ineos was a dominant force in cx and mtb and road as a junior.

When I worked at the shop some of the supplier reps were former and current pros.  Barry Hoban who married Tom Simpsons widow.  Simpson having died on the ventoux.

Hugh Porter four times world individual pursuit champion and commonwealth gold medallist.

Porter was so down to earth and humble it was only later I learned of his wins from others.  Lemond came across as a similar guy, improving rider safety and a technical innovator.