Never gets a mention, what does anyone know about the Series 3a?

Started by NoBeardNoTopKnot, Aug 07, 2023, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Santana developed their own leaf-sprung series, if there was a Series 3a or Series 4, it was Santana that made it. They went further than Solihull did.

Does anyone have one, how else do they differ?

Bonnet-rouge

Haven't got one , but there's a chap near me that has at least four Santanas one is what you mentioned having disc brakes , the front if flat like the 90's this one also has a fibre safari roof , rear door is squared at the top . Dash is different as well tho can't remember how .
The Earth is flat 🌎

Wittsend

Isn't there a Santana owners website ???

Plenty of websites describing the differences between us and them.

:hinges

Peter Holden

Worth remembering that by this sathe santana was divorces from Land Rover and had gone its own way.  Though I do know someonw who is fiting a Santana "6" diesel in their land rover.  It is the engine landrover should have built

Peter

GHOBHW

Quote from: Peter Holden on Aug 07, 2023, 06:40 PMWorth remembering that by this sathe santana was divorces from Land Rover and had gone its own way.  Though I do know someonw who is fiting a Santana "6" diesel in their land rover.  It is the engine landrover should have built

Peter

the santana 6 cylinder diesel is a beauty, all we get is the 200tdi to shove in....

just saw this video of one with a turbo on it too, sounds beautiful
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLDYH-GSx28 )

Peter Holden

Like ur 4 cylinder 2286 diesel, an u nderated engine, mine if pushed will keep up with the equivalent petrol engine, helps that I slightly deaf but it pulls like atrain

Peter

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Ah, I see. There's a hint this is the family member we don't speak of.